Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

What's up with Clarkson? Had enough controversy already? 

I predict Katie Hopkins to enjoy being banned because people are still talking about her. She'll get on telly because some crap show will rely on people tuning in to hate it, then she'll be back on twitter saying slightly less stupid things. 

Poor Wiley had a go but the Troll life wasn't for him

Got booted off her radio show and newspaper column as well hasn’t she?

Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s the last we hear from her until she pops up on I’m a Celebrity Get Me Outta Here in 20 years time crying about being skint and slumming it in a 2 bedroom terrace.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Alpha said:

And they haven't which is why he's allowed to leave. Whats wrong with thanks and bye, if you have nothing nice to say about one of our best strikers in years. 

Even now, a lesser player than 3 or 4 years ago he's still scored 11 in 25 is it? 

We are moving on. It's happening. Don't see the need to say anything negative about him after 7 years and about 70 goals plus whatever playmaking he's done. 

But that’s a bit daft. No one is saying bad things about his time here overall. But what they are doing is discussing him for next year, against a back drop of those who would want him next year. Martin has a vocal fan base on here like very few managers or players I can remember, it’s swings and roundabouts. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I did postulate that he wanted a signing on fee for a new contract post 31st July, I don't think that's likely either, but... 

Also a possibility.  Would he be looking for higher wages from DCFC based on the fact that he vould get a signing on fee elsewhere.  

Just thinking if he accepts a fee as part of contract renewal it's probably covered in the year it's paid but we could spend a fee on re signing him on a 2 year deal with that fee split evenly over the two years.

All pure speculation but just feel that the way the update was written yesterday was odd.

3 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Also a possibility.  Would he be looking for higher wages from DCFC based on the fact that he vould get a signing on fee elsewhere.  

Just thinking if he accepts a fee as part of contract renewal it's probably covered in the year it's paid but we could spend a fee on re signing him on a 2 year deal with that fee split evenly over the two years.

All pure speculation but just feel that the way the update was written yesterday was odd.

Very odd and I do wonder if the lack of an exit statement from him (yet) may mean the saga isn't quite over yet.

I sometimes wonder if every club runs like ours or if we are a little unique because this season and it's twists and turns is worthy of a mini series on prime.

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Very odd and I do wonder if the lack of an exit statement from him (yet) may mean the saga isn't quite over yet.

I sometimes wonder if every club runs like ours or if we are a little unique because this season and it's twists and turns is worthy of a mini series on prime.

If you watch Sunderland till I die then one thing that stands out is the complete lack of financial control.

One example...the new owners discover a 100k purchase of some sort of therapy chamber.

When asked who uses it and what for, the only answer was the ex ceo used to pop into it for his bad back.

Suggests that clubs are just full of spendthrift egomaniacs who are completely uncontrolled. 

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

If you watch Sunderland till I die then one thing that stands out is the complete lack of financial control.

One example...the new owners discover a 100k purchase of some sort of therapy chamber.

When asked who uses it and what for, the only answer was the ex ceo used to pop into it for his bad back.

Suggests that clubs are just full of spendthrift egomaniacs who are completely uncontrolled. 

Didn’t Martin have the choice of going to Sunderland as well in that? Seem to remember him being the one that was stalling on them. 

Going to be interesting to see where he does eventually end up, Martin.

Will be difficult for a lot of players out of contract this summer as clubs outside the big boys brace themselves for what could be a long period without significant revenue.

Suspect this will be one of the quietest transfer windows seen in the Championship for a long time.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Didn’t Martin have the choice of going to Sunderland as well in that? Seem to remember him being the one that was stalling on them. 

Going to be interesting to see where he does eventually end up, Martin.

Will be difficult for a lot of players out of contract this summer as clubs outside the big boys brace themselves for what could be a long period without significant revenue.

Suspect this will be one of the quietest transfer windows seen in the Championship for a long time.

yes he did.....that bit was used to illustrate how difficult it can be for clubs to get players in the January window. With stalling, polite but non-committal language etc etc

I think that I agree with you on balance on the market. Its a bit like thinking of moving house in a downturn......you know that the value was higher 6 months ago so you hang on waiting for the bounce back....

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Think it was 2018...the one with Rowett here.

I think I remember the talk.

I was just thinking that for all some fans go on about Martin's wages he has at least bought in 3 seasons worth of loan fees.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I think I remember the talk.

I was just thinking that for all some fans go on about Martin's wages he has at least bought in 3 seasons worth of loan fees.

They forget he was free to start with.  You either appreciate class and football brains or you dont ??Strange someone so rubbish and immobile still was joint highest scorer for a brief spell in the squad and played so much football after the restart because others were stupidly suspended when we really needed them for the last push and sure their wages arent too shoddy! No wonder he was sluggish at the end playing everything with his health issues.  

8 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

No wonder he was sluggish at the end playing everything with his health issues.  

Don't think he was, it's just 'easy memes' about him. Watch Sibley score in the final minutes, Martin is up there next to him wanting the ball.

8 hours ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

If that were the case, and let's hypothesise that a signing on fee is the stumbling block, it would again show an absolute lack of business acumen on the part of who ever is responsible for contract negotiations at DCFC.   

47 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Saw this on YouTube ?

looking at this brings a lump to your throat tbh...also emphasises what a brilliant side Clough put together and Mac got playing ....if only..... we had deservedly gone up at wembley.....one of the best sides in years for me 

Clough and Mac together would've been the dream team for me 

Archived