Yet another Chris Martin thread.... Yes really

IslandExile

Chris Martin  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, wixman1884 said:

feel like poo just want him back.

Maybe you could compose a song for CM ?

I guess now it's time for me to give up. I feel it's time. Got a picture of you beside me. Got your lipstick mark still on your coffee cup. Oh yeah. Got a fist of pure emotion. Got a head of shattered dreams. Gotta leave it ................

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

I guess now it's time for me to give up. I feel it's time. Got a picture of you beside me. Got your lipstick mark still on your coffee cup. Oh yeah. Got a fist of pure emotion. Got a head of shattered dreams. Gotta leave it ................

Or

Since you've been gone

I shut my eyes

And I fantasize

That you're here with me

Will you ever return?

I won't be you satisfied

Till you're by my side

Don't wait any longer...

Why don't you come back?

Please hurry, why don't you come back?

Please hurry...

Come back and stay for good this time

Come back and stay for good this time

1 hour ago, Yani P said:

Cracking player for us wish him all the best for his future but was the right time I think.. 

I think you are right. He leaves on a high as joint top scorer. I would not enjoy watching him taking a role as a bit part player as next season progresses, we had enough of that before Cocu saw the light.

Let him go.

We must have made  a reasonable offer for him to even think about it but HE decided it was not for him.

The king is gone long live the king.

We need to think to the future not look back. 

Let Cocu shape the team how HE wants it with is own players.

This 'could' be the start of an exciting new era.

A blend of our own home grown youth, the players  Cocu kept/decided to could stay and his own 'new' players.

Get ready for the rollercoaster ride that's supporting the Rams.

3 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

We need to think to the future not look back. 

The point is he is also the future - Cocu wanted him to stay! I don't just want to think "oh look 'our players'" I want to see successful, skilful, footballers playing for Derby and I want promotion to the Prem as does Cocu.

14 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

In the misery dictionary
Page after page after page
In the misery dictionary
Page after page
Where there's life there's gotta be hope
And where there's a will there's a way
One man's in is another's out
I gotta get out today

Stone Roses already nailed it!

1 minute ago, WharfedaleRam said:

I see Martin is playing no. 9 for Harrogate at Wembley this afternoon!!!!!!?

Finally found his level.

It’s just a joke!!!! Calm down, calm down ?

Interesting brinkmanship going on here: He (presumably) wants more than is offered and will hold out for more either from us or someone else.

We have to assume he has gone and buy-in accordingly-- if we can attract/afford someone as good or better. 

Neither party can leave it too long or both will get burned.

28 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Interesting brinkmanship going on here: He (presumably) wants more than is offered and will hold out for more either from us or someone else.

We have to assume he has gone and buy-in accordingly-- if we can attract/afford someone as good or better. 

Neither party can leave it too long or both will get burned.

Absolutely right. So far, none of the names linked are strikers? But that doesn't mean that Phillip hasn't been leafing through his little black book. If we were to go another say 6 weeks without sorting an alternative then I could see us trying to restart negotiations.

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Absolutely right. So far, none of the names linked are strikers? But that doesn't mean that Phillip hasn't been leafing through his little black book. If we were to go another say 6 weeks without sorting an alternative then I could see us trying to restart negotiations.

Not true. Bonne, Maric, Moore are all strikers. But you’re right about Cocu likely having something we haven’t heard about. 

All this but who is the replacement talk reminds me of when people call for a manager to be sacked, when questioned who would they like to replace him the replies will be ??‍♂️ that’s not my job, that’s Mel’s.

So if we go down that path, who knows who Martin’s replacement will be, that’s Cocu and the scouts job right?

I can’t accept that there isn’t a striker out there that could do the same, if not better job than Martin within our budget. 

It’s a big world out there with many clubs and many players, too many for any of us to sit down and identify all of the possibilities.

Luckily we have a manager with quite a reputation who will have friends with eyes in many places. 

Don’t waste time worrying about who his replacement is, let’s look forward and hope the future is brighter.

Archived