EFL charge Derby over ffp

alexxxxx

15 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

The only cause for optimism is that the points deduction if it comes this season is aptly timed as we have little chance of going up or down anyway we are the definition of slap bang in the middle in terms  of our points tally despite being `17th. We won't go down if we get deducted 11 points, we wouldn't even go down if we got deducted 14 or 15 points in my view, but it is still a sorry position to be in.

Have u seen us play this season ???

i think a 10 plus points deduction come end of season could be extremely damaging .. like in the worst possible way if we don’t improve second half of the season 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Not this time I don’t think. This isn’t a threat. This is a charge.

Even if we do get away with it, this doesn’t happen if a club is being run correctly. Players get paid on time if a club is run correctly. A club that’s run correctly has foreign scouts. A club that’s run correctly doesn’t need to sell it’s stadium. A club that’s run correctly has transfer windows where they actually make the signings they set out to. A club that’s run correctly doesn’t employ a succession of managers that play entirely different styles. A club that’s run correctly doesn’t blow its whole transfer budget on entirely unsuitable players.

No, this isn’t an overreaction. The signs have been there for a long, long time. This just confirms it. Mel Morris is running this club into the ground. This could have a devastating effect on the long term future of this club. I’m not having anymore ******** excuses for a bloke who quite clearly doesn’t have a clue how to run a football club just because he’s from Derby. If MM was foreign, there’d be protests on Saturday.

To be fair to the bloke he may have made mistakes  but he cares, a lot. The mistakes he's made, he's paid with his own money.  

If one day you get the chance to go and visit the training ground you can see ,he's spent a fair whack there  for the good of the club.  The list of cr@p owners who simply do not care about club and fans is just too long to put on here, he certainly isn't in that category.  Chill, let's see how it pans out.

14 minutes ago, Gut_Reaction said:

Cheating, if proven / found guilty is cheating whichever way you look at it. I follow the rugby too and Saracens were heavily fined and big points deduction but probably not enough to relegate them considering the quality of their squad. 

Personally believe cheats should not only not prosper but should be severely punished. Birmingham should be relegated at the end of the season as should any others found guilty. Including Villa if they are relegated at the end of the season straight down to League 1. Bournemouth too if they come down. If that means more than three clubs are relegated from the Championship then so be it. 

Why should a club such as Bristol City sell their best players to stay within the Rules whilst others cheat? 

I agree. But we haven't actually done anything wrong yet have we?

The EFL had no problem with our actions. Just the price of our actions. Which in this case is the sale of a stadium. Why is their value any closer to the real value than the independent value? 

14 minutes ago, Gut_Reaction said:

Cheating, if proven / found guilty is cheating whichever way you look at it. I follow the rugby too and Saracens were heavily fined and big points deduction but probably not enough to relegate them considering the quality of their squad. 

Personally believe cheats should not only not prosper but should be severely punished. Birmingham should be relegated at the end of the season as should any others found guilty. Including Villa if they are relegated at the end of the season straight down to League 1. Bournemouth too if they come down. If that means more than three clubs are relegated from the Championship then so be it. 

Why should a club such as Bristol City sell their best players to stay within the Rules whilst others cheat? 

Is a fair comment. As I said earlier in the thread, I think FFP is a load of baalocks and we should hold a vote to abolish it. Forces clubs, like yourselves and most in the division, to sell your best players to those already established clubs, giving no chance for anyone to break that status quo. But, the rules are there, and everyone should adhere to them. Just a shame that us fans get punished having to watch our team struggle for years because of the actions of our board, if we get punished as a club.

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

i think a 10 plus points deduction come end of season could be extremely damaging .. like in the worst possible way if we don’t improve second half of the season 

Yes I have and have been disgusted a lot of the time, but  I think with Rooney in ,Bird and Knight having an impact last few weeks  and Shinnie back should be able to get quite abit more points in the second half of the season than In the first half, not play off form but top 10 form is my prediction for the second half of the season.

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

We've just gone 5 unbeaten, 4 in the league and picked up 8 points from a possible 12. I think we've done OK. 

1 minute ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

To be fair to the bloke he may have made mistakes  but he cares, a lot. The mistakes he's made, he's paid with his own money.  

If one day you get the chance to go and visit the training ground you can see ,he's spent a fair whack there  for the good of the club.  The list of cr@p owners who simply do not care about club and fans is just too long to put on here, he certainly isn't in that category.  Chill, let's see how it pans out.

I don’t disagree that he cares. I’m sure his heart is in the right place, don’t get me wrong. I just think he’s terrible at running a football club, or has at least employed people who are terrible at running a football club to do it for him. 

56 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Football is just the pits, and I'm rapidly losing interest in the bigger picture. Var ruins the pl, while ffp ruins the efl. Ffp is bull#$@@ so Villa are ok, QPR are ok, but we are not. Every year it is watch the money, we need to sell before we can buy etc and then this. If we had just stuck two fingers up at the efl and spent like Villa we'd be up and seemingly untouchable.

On a more ration note, let's just play the kids and wait until Burnley prize them off us with undisclosed bids, too good to turn down. 

Either way, its dominated by finances and when your in our position it's really ducking difficult! A big club, just not quite big enough...

QPR received a £42 million fine when they came back down. Villa are in danger of breaching the Prem FFP rules never mind the CHampionship rules. For all you know the EFL will be going after Villa in the same way they did to QPR if they come back down. Birmingham were deducted points. Dozens of teams have received transfer bans. Leicester and Bournemouth received meaningless fines, but in Bournemouths case they have until this point never been back in the EFL.

And regarding Vilal we did try and spend our way out of the league and it didn't work. Last season was the last throw of the dice for both clubs. WHoever didn't go up was very likely going to have major FFP problems. We spent less in total because we didnt have parachute payments, but we still spent well aboveo ur means to try and get out of this league.

48 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Seems to be a just remember whose in charge reaction.

We've got Pearson on the EFL board. You'd think he'd be able to put a good word in for us.

40 minutes ago, ramit said:

i want some of what you've had

Why would anyone be worried on the information we currently have? All the cards are currently stacked in our favour as far as we know. Unless any further info comes to light I can't see what their is to be worried about regarding this EFL statement specifically.

27 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

£70m to construct a new 17,000 seater stadium. https://www.constructionenquirer.com/2017/12/11/february-start-for-70m-brentford-fc-stadium-scheme/

£80m isn’t too unreasonable then

Does the £70mill include land costs? They will be astronomical in London compared to Derby.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

I don’t disagree that he cares. I’m sure his heart is in the right place, don’t get me wrong. I just think he’s terrible at running a football club, or has at least employed people who are terrible at running a football club to do it for him. 

''Terrible'' haha. He's made a few mistakes, he's not been terrible at all. People blame Mel for the signings, and I don't understand why. He's never failed to back a manager with money to spend. He's made some bad managerial appointments, but most of that was a few years ago now. We haven't been proven to be guilty of breaching FFP, what else has he done that is terrible? I think you're just thriving off the negativity, as per usual for you.

Unconfirmed sources suggest that reports that the charge relates to the sale of the stadium are wide of the mark.

It is suggested the amount Derby exceeded the 39 million allowed is a mere 100 pounds. 

During a recent audit by the efl an invoice was discovered in mels top drawer for 120 pounds relating to the cost of breakfasts purchased for unknown members of a local internet forum.

Worth repeating this - from Club statement in September 2019 !!

"Derby County Football Club has adhered to the EFL’s Profit and Sustainability Rules with respect to the sale of its stadium.

The stadium was subject to an independent professional valuation before sale, nearly 18 months ago, and the EFL indicated in writing that the arrangement was in accordance with its rules and regulations. 

The EFL cannot now, long after approving the arrangements, suggest Derby County breached the rules. 

The Club regrets that Middlesbrough Football Club have said they are suing the EFL over the matter, but that is a matter for them. Derby County offered to show Middlesbrough its financial records but they declined the invitation and appear to have decided to bring a claim against the EFL instead. 

The outcome of that action could not now affect Derby County, which has already had its financial returns for the relevant season approved by the EFL, and the Club is solely focussed on the current season.

The Club will not be making any further comment at this time."

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Not this time I don’t think. This isn’t a threat. This is a charge.

Even if we do get away with it, this doesn’t happen if a club is being run correctly. Players get paid on time if a club is run correctly. A club that’s run correctly has foreign scouts. A club that’s run correctly doesn’t need to sell it’s stadium. A club that’s run correctly has transfer windows where they actually make the signings they set out to. A club that’s run correctly doesn’t employ a succession of managers that play entirely different styles. A club that’s run correctly doesn’t blow its whole transfer budget on entirely unsuitable players.

No, this isn’t an overreaction. The signs have been there for a long, long time. This just confirms it. Mel Morris is running this club into the ground. This could have a devastating effect on the long term future of this club. I’m not having anymore ******** excuses for a bloke who quite clearly doesn’t have a clue how to run a football club just because he’s from Derby. If MM was foreign, there’d be protests on Saturday.

Bang on mate

46 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I buy most of my cars for less than a grand and run them til they die. I look at things like PCPs from time to time and I can't help think "wow, that's a bad deal to drive someone else's car".

perhaps you ought to run the club ?

I’m afraid I’ve run my car like Mel, pumping thousands in every year in repairs and rebuilds. I now value it at £10k whereas Autotrader seems to have it at £500.

Archived