Not a nice man

Derby Lad

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, angieram said:

Good to see a few photos of Wayne with fans emerging after last weekend's match. Maybe give the guy a little time to settle in before getting the knives out?

Going to have to disagree with you here, Angie.

I’ve been camping outside of Moor Farm for the past two weeks and not once has Rooney accepted my shouting for a photo with him.

Was Rooney not a nice man when he turned up at Nunsfield Social Club in Alvaston a couple of weeks ago to talk to people at a mens Mental Health meeting? Had a game of pool with a few and chatted with them.

Give the bloke a break, he's one of the most famous men on the planet, he's giving his all for our football club. The long term benefit for our academy lads to play alongside him and be coached by him should pay dividends, so if he can't sign every single autograph he's asked for then its a tiny price to pay for having him here. 

Nothing bad can come from having Wayne Rooney play for Derby.

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Was Rooney not a nice man when he turned up at Nunsfield Social Club in Alvaston a couple of weeks ago to talk to people at a mens Mental Health meeting? Had a game of pool with a few and chatted with them.

Oh you mean the get together designed to turn vulnerable people into gamblers, paid for by 32Red?

Don't you read the Daily Mail?

Jeez ,these are footballers doing a job ,leave them be ,some are naturally comfortable doing selfies and signing things and some are not 

doing all that stuff and much more as some do can show us they are the kind of person we like but not doing that stuff does not you a bad person,,,get a grip ffs 

On 19/01/2020 at 18:01, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If it was a load of teenagers or adults waiting for a signature I would accept it's reasonable to say I haven't time to sign tonight but I can do some next week I need to be somewhere.  I would suggest that it would also be reasonable to expect however you may need some time outside the ground on your debut to sign some stuff, probably mostly kids with shirts.

To say nothing to people waiting seems quite rude.  Met Gordon Banks in Spain a few years ago, he was lovely and had 5 minutes to sign a few bits of paper and chat to people .  It isn't too difficult.

I am sure it isn't, but then you don't have to do it every time you go out of your front door.

22 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

I am sure it isn't, but then you don't have to do it every time you go out of your front door.

Yep I’m always stunned by large numbers of people who think it’s their right to approach and expect autographs ,selfies and time for a chat from people just because they play for the football team they support ,were in a film they enjoyed or made a record they liked enough to buy 

8 hours ago, Squid said:

I’ve been camping outside of Moor Farm for the past two weeks and not once has Rooney accepted my shouting for a photo with him.

He's probably scared of your tentacles!

9 hours ago, Squid said:

Maybe it's the binoculars, wire cutters and Leeds United training kit that's putting him off

Never overrated the guy ,sure a big influence at United and a great player,however always thought of him as a mercenary especially when he tried holding Fergie and United to ransom for more money.  Dispite his 50 goals for England most scored against inferior opposition I don't think he ever proved himself world class on the international stage especially world cup games, outsmarted by Ronaldo and getting sent off,not scoring in. One of the world cup finals,rarely scoring against quality international  teams. Then consider the getting pished,cheating on his wife,drink driving ect,ect, just never completely sold on the guy.

However since his move to Derby , I have been impressed with his attitude, performances, desire on the pitch and the interviews participated in. May be he has matured ,may be I have previously been overly harsh on my opinions. However so far his affair with Derby is all positive at the moment.Wish him well at Derby and hope he exceeds expectations.

25 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Never overrated the guy ,sure a big influence at United and a great player,however always thought of him as a mercenary especially when he tried holding Fergie and United to ransom for more money.  Dispite his 50 goals for England most scored against inferior opposition I don't think he ever proved himself world class on the international stage especially world cup games, outsmarted by Ronaldo and getting sent off,not scoring in. One of the world cup finals,rarely scoring against quality international  teams. Then consider the getting pished,cheating on his wife,drink driving ect,ect, just never completely sold on the guy.

However since his move to Derby , I have been impressed with his attitude, performances, desire on the pitch and the interviews participated in. May be he has matured ,may be I have previously been overly harsh on my opinions. However so far his affair with Derby is all positive at the moment.Wish him well at Derby and hope he exceeds expectations.

What about him also being man utds record goalsorer too?, was most of them goals against inferior opposition too?.

You can only play whats in front of you,

Think you underestimate the magnitude of what he's acheived as a footballer.

2 hours ago, mwram1973 said:

What about him also being man utds record goalsorer too?, was most of them goals against inferior opposition too?.

You can only play whats in front of you,

Think you underestimate the magnitude of what he's acheived as a footballer.

Stated that he was a  big influence at United and a great player????only giving my opinion not asking for you to agree with it. Don't think you can argue with his world cup records ,off pitch antics,or indeed the vast majority of his international goals being against mediocre international teams. 

36 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Stated that he was a  big influence at United and a great player????only giving my opinion not asking for you to agree with it. Don't think you can argue with his world cup records ,off pitch antics,or indeed the vast majority of his international goals being against mediocre international teams. 

That's ok, because i don't, Every striker to play for England for the past 20-30 years have had numerous games against "inferior" opposition and scored goals against them. An awful lot of Linekers goals were scored against poor teams, also shearer. Singling Rooney out is unfair, he's Englands top goalscorer, give the man some respect.

On 20/01/2020 at 23:43, Squid said:

Would you stop for some random guy shouting at you as you entered work?

12 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Imagine he lives in a nice gated community in Alderley Edge so probably not every time he goes out the front door. Let's be realistic.

You know exactly what I meant. I am pretty sure you would get fed up of it eventually. Everyone bothering you and your family when you are out and about.

Highly paid celebrity or not. 

Archived