Not a nice man

Derby Lad

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously. We know nothing about him, he had his family there and was probably fed up with all of it by that point. And if he is not nice then so what, it probably made him the top class player he has been and we need that bite.  Get a grip. Sorry happy new year!

I was actually thinking the opposite. The media must be a pain in the arse. He can’t go anywhere or do anything without being followed. His wife and kids were there, which I thought was great as an indication that the occasion actually meant something to them even after all he’s achieved. The super zoom lenses were on them and every journo was lurking with a microphone. I think he does well enough. 

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

Seriously. We know nothing about him, he had his family there and was probably fed up with all of it by that point. And if he is not nice then so what, it probably made him the top class player he has been and we need that bite.  Get a grip. Sorry happy new year!

Fellow pros always seem to talk highly of him as a person in a genuine way. 

Spent the last 20years of his life in a bubble, hunted down for stories, people selling every little sordid detail they can for money.. Surprised he trusts himself to talk to anyone at all, and definitely doesn't need the cash to have to pretend to be a decent guy even if he isnt. 

We had a nice man last season.  Not just captain either, but the actual manager! 

...We won naff all.

It's about time we all turned nasty! 
Let's not ask players for autographs... in fact, let's turn up our noses at them, and spit on their shoes, should we happen across them in Morrisons.  Let's boo the opposition.  Let's pretend it's snowing and call the game off.  Let's turn off the plug sockets in the away dressing room... and the heating! Let's throw pi55 over opposition fans (actually no, that doesn't bring success!).  Let's twirl our scarves in a scary manner at an oppo penalty taker in a really important game (actually no, that doesn't bring success either!) Let's change every one of our players names to Bamford and teach them all how to dive (Ooh... erm... no... I'm not doing very well here, am I?)

Meh!

2 hours ago, rammieib said:

Not to mention the fact he lives in Cheshire.... (although I wonder if he stays local after a midweek match).

Well Colleen wasn't driving. Every time the cameras cut to her in an executive box, she had a bottle of wine in her hand. She will need something stronger when Lawrence is back in the team.

2 minutes ago, admira said:

One all the hype has died down, I’m sure he will have time to meet the fans. Yesterday was probably a bit overwhelming. 

He probably could have done without it.  No doubt pi55ed him off a bit.  But "Overwhelming"? 
This is Wayne Rooney we are talking about.  Ex Manure & England.  World Cup hopes resting solely at his young feet.  Champions League Prodigy.  We Are Derby!  Overwhelming it would not have been.

6 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

He probably could have done without it.  No doubt pi55ed him off a bit.  But "Overwhelming"? 
This is Wayne Rooney we are talking about.  Ex Manure & England.  World Cup hopes resting solely at his young feet.  Champions League Prodigy.  We Are Derby!  Overwhelming it would not have been.

I think he meant for the original poster and his little lad. 

I really dislike the modern dismissive term 'entitled' fans. 

But aguably England's greatest ever footballer has rocked up to Derby, and agreed to be part of a loophole where he isn't costing us a bomb and agrees to help coach the next generation of Derby player. He does all the pre match media stuff, hugely raising our profile, plays 90 mins, cares enough to rollick our striker (supposedly the one with a poor attitude) and then sets him up for a goal. He comes out does all the press again, brings his family to watch ...

And doesn't stop to sign all the stuff dozens and dozens of other people are wanting done. 

Be nice if he had, be nice if he finds time in the next year... But to create a thread demanding to know why he hasn't??

Entitled is the word... 

8 hours ago, Derby Lad said:

Nobody can take anything away from Wayne Rooneys outstanding footballing capabilities. Everybody knows that (had a very good game tonight). However this thread isn’t about how he is on the pitch, more so how he treats the fans.

There was a huge amount of fans (about 80 with me and my son included) waiting for him to finish his many long interviews after the game. We all waited for about half an hour after the game and as soon as he finished he headed straight into the tunnel despite people loudly calling for him.

Me and my son then got photos with all the other players who were so friendly and just generally top blokes. We met almost every one of the first team players and none of them got in their car until everybody who wanted an autograph or photo got one.

We also noticed that Rooney has his car parked right outside the stadium with metal railings all around it so that he could just leave the stadium and instantly get in the car without meeting any fans. Me and my son noticed another 20 or so people waiting around these railings just waiting for Rooney (who would undoubtedly ignore them again) while we met the rest of the players.

Clear lack of regard to the fans which highly contrasts with the other players 

Very very obvious Trolling

Archived