Not a nice man

Derby Lad

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God knows what the OP must think of the pope then, after smacking that women's hand. 

As many reasonable fans have stated, it was a complete media frenzy yesterday and any decent person would respect this and pick a more reasonable time to get his autograph when things have quietened down a bit. But then that means you would have to come to more than one game. 

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but coming on here to slag off our players shows a complete lack of empathy towards our club, when he has shown no respect to them. 

When my lad was mascot a few weeks ago, it was Rooney's first time at Derby.  He was the focus again of loads of media attention but he made time to have photos with my lad and sign his shirt and autograph book.  He treated my lad exactly the same as all the other players did.

Christ alive! We've got an ENgland great at the club, he's made an instant impact and arguably won us the game last night. He also played 94 minutes having not played in months so my guess is he was completely knackered and wanted to get through an ice bath and then home to rest up ASAP. For some on here, nothing will ever be enough.

EDIT - appreciate this post probably sounds a bit mean and I do hope your lad gets his autograph and I'm sure he will. Let's just cut Wazza a bit of slack right now eh and not write him off as a human being based on one slight.

11 hours ago, Derby Lad said:

Nobody can take anything away from Wayne Rooneys outstanding footballing capabilities. Everybody knows that (had a very good game tonight). However this thread isn’t about how he is on the pitch, more so how he treats the fans.

There was a huge amount of fans (about 80 with me and my son included) waiting for him to finish his many long interviews after the game. We all waited for about half an hour after the game and as soon as he finished he headed straight into the tunnel despite people loudly calling for him.

Me and my son then got photos with all the other players who were so friendly and just generally top blokes. We met almost every one of the first team players and none of them got in their car until everybody who wanted an autograph or photo got one.

We also noticed that Rooney has his car parked right outside the stadium with metal railings all around it so that he could just leave the stadium and instantly get in the car without meeting any fans. Me and my son noticed another 20 or so people waiting around these railings just waiting for Rooney (who would undoubtedly ignore them again) while we met the rest of the players.

Clear lack of regard to the fans which highly contrasts with the other players 

Write to Jim’ll fix it.......

31 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

...so my guess is he was completely knackered and wanted to get through an ice bath and then home to rest up ASAP. 

According to Wayne on the post-match 'wash-up' he doesn't do ice-baths! ?

1 hour ago, NottsRam said:

When my lad was mascot a few weeks ago, it was Rooney's first time at Derby.  He was the focus again of loads of media attention but he made time to have photos with my lad and sign his shirt and autograph book.  He treated my lad exactly the same as all the other players did.

That's not bad value at £500 a pop!

13 hours ago, Derby Lad said:

Nobody can take anything away from Wayne Rooneys outstanding footballing capabilities. Everybody knows that (had a very good game tonight). However this thread isn’t about how he is on the pitch, more so how he treats the fans.

There was a huge amount of fans (about 80 with me and my son included) waiting for him to finish his many long interviews after the game. We all waited for about half an hour after the game and as soon as he finished he headed straight into the tunnel despite people loudly calling for him.

Me and my son then got photos with all the other players who were so friendly and just generally top blokes. We met almost every one of the first team players and none of them got in their car until everybody who wanted an autograph or photo got one.

We also noticed that Rooney has his car parked right outside the stadium with metal railings all around it so that he could just leave the stadium and instantly get in the car without meeting any fans. Me and my son noticed another 20 or so people waiting around these railings just waiting for Rooney (who would undoubtedly ignore them again) while we met the rest of the players.

Clear lack of regard to the fans which highly contrasts with the other players 

Jamie V, is that you???? ?

I've never been one standing around waiting for autographs but my eldest lad did and was so excited when he got a selfie with one of the players a few seasons ago. I suppose op had a very disappointed son and posted without really thinking it through- gut reaction. Hopefully he have realised by now that you can't judge anyone on their actions on one day and that you have all pointed out loads of valid reasons why Rooney behaved as he did. Always best to think of several reasons for people's behaviour and not jump to conclusions 

2 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Christ alive! We've got an ENgland great at the club, he's made an instant impact and arguably won us the game last night. He also played 94 minutes having not played in months so my guess is he was completely knackered and wanted to get through an ice bath and then home to rest up ASAP. For some on here, nothing will ever be enough.

EDIT - appreciate this post probably sounds a bit mean and I do hope your lad gets his autograph and I'm sure he will. Let's just cut Wazza a bit of slack right now eh and not write him off as a human being based on one slight.

Completely not true..... he said he doesn’t  do Ice Baths on his Sky interview.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

According to Wayne on the post-match 'wash-up' he doesn't do ice-baths! ?

And unless I am mistaken, that comment brought at least a snigger between him and his old Manure team mate.  Maybe not a nudge and a wink, but certainly a knowing look and a snigger.

I'm now picturing some form of secret Manure in-joke... and my mind is drifting to all sorts of disgusting behaviour!  Not nice indeed!   ?

Archived