Not a nice man

Derby Lad

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminds me of when I was a nipper. Went to see Basil Brush at the assembly rooms,  sitting there with my mum and dad trembling with excitement.( me not them)
when he came on I couldn’t contain myself any longer “ BASIL, I’M HERE! “ I cried.  He just ignored me.  The ducking bamford.

33 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Reminds me of when I was a nipper. Went to see Basil Brush at the assembly rooms,  sitting there with my mum and dad trembling with excitement.( me not them)
when he came on I couldn’t contain myself any longer “ BASIL, I’M HERE! “ I cried.  He just ignored me.  The ducking bamford.

Boom boom!

59 minutes ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Not a nice fella ?

3 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

To be fair it must take all of Basils concentration levels just to do the show, what with having to do it with a mans arm shoved up his arse....I think i would just want to concentrate and get it over as quickly as possibly too.

3 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Can't believe your parents didn't take you round the back of the theatre to meet him by the bins ?

11 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

To be fair it must take all of Basils concentration levels just to do the show, what with having to do it with a mans arm shoved up his arse....I think i would just want to concentrate and get it over as quickly as possibly too.

I guess there must be easier ways to make a living.

16 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Here’s the OP in Liverpool after Salah’s autograph:

Even though they are mainly kids asking Salah it must pretty threatening for him. At first I bet it’s nice but after a while I bet it gets annoying. I am sure salah does his fair share of signing stuff. 

I’ve been graphing with the kids at PP on the last home game of the season over the years (eldest 2 now to old and not bothered) and generally all players have been a1. Frank was a bit of a let down moaning saying he had a baby in the car. I expect wazza and co have bodyguards. Do they get bundled into cars and just drive off?

If it was a load of teenagers or adults waiting for a signature I would accept it's reasonable to say I haven't time to sign tonight but I can do some next week I need to be somewhere.  I would suggest that it would also be reasonable to expect however you may need some time outside the ground on your debut to sign some stuff, probably mostly kids with shirts.

To say nothing to people waiting seems quite rude.  Met Gordon Banks in Spain a few years ago, he was lovely and had 5 minutes to sign a few bits of paper and chat to people .  It isn't too difficult.

Archived