The Politics Thread 2020

G STAR RAM

23 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Good call. Thank god that the Great British public will never buy things that aren't good for them. It called freedom. Freedom too choose. Freedom to buy dodgy food produce if you lose your job thanks to Brexit, and can only afford sub-standard produce.

Scaremongering again.....give me strength ?

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

How about if you did not know about it ?

A good friend died of Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy aka mad cow disease, she never set out to buy some dodgy burgers but very loose legislation allowing body parts to be used in the food chain led to that mess. Worth remembering.

Just a thought, read the label. ‘Produce of the USA’ might be a clue. I’ve heard some say ‘British Beef’, might risk that one.

Before a UK /USA trade deal can be signed it will have to be ratified by a vote in the US congress.

Presently in congress there is a strong Irish lobby that as stated that it will stop any trade deal if a hard border is put back on the island of Ireland. 

If we don't get a trade deal with the EU. A hard border will be put in place, which will stop any deal with the USA. Or they can comply with EU  regulations to get a deal and keep the border open, which again will stop any deal with the USA.

Johnson could throw the people of Northern Ireland under the bus and put up a border in the Irish Sea. But that raises a whole new set of problems.

So wether we do or don't have to buy and eat chlorinated chicken is a minor issue, in comparison to the problems we will face in the coming year.

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

So this chicken will be so cheap then? Considerably cheaper than Costco, Aldi, Lidl etc.. FFS you lot are desperate for an angle. It’s just embarrassing reading some of this stuff now.

If I thought for one minute the demands the US will bring to the table as part of a trade agreement  negotiation would be limited to crappy chicken I'd agree with you. 

1 hour ago, 1of4 said:

Before a UK /USA trade deal can be signed it will have to be ratified by a vote in the US congress.

Presently in congress there is a strong Irish lobby that as stated that it will stop any trade deal if a hard border is put back on the island of Ireland. 

If we don't get a trade deal with the EU. A hard border will be put in place, which will stop any deal with the USA. Or they can comply with EU  regulations to get a deal and keep the border open, which again will stop any deal with the USA.

Johnson could throw the people of Northern Ireland under the bus and put up a border in the Irish Sea. But that raises a whole new set of problems.

So wether we do or don't have to buy and eat chlorinated chicken is a minor issue, in comparison to the problems we will face in the coming year.

Project fear. You lack belief.

9 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Well that's progress they were funding the IRA to blow women and kids up a while back .

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'll bite.

We were always independent, this notion that we have somehow thrown off the shackles of our oppressors is daft.

If anything we are swapping some EU branded shackles for some Trump branded ones.

If you don't ducking bounce your a blue.. Come on you know you want to. 

Archived