Relegation battle

Archied

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Cocu is not a neutral actor in any of the things you mentioned. He was in a position to react. 

Unbelievable reply. How can you possibly claim he was responsible in any way for the events of Keoghgate or the inability to replace the loan players? Its unfair & frankly indefensible.

P.s. your earlier assertion that you dont want Cocu out but see no way he can succeed makes no sense. You would only want someone to stay if you saw a better future. 

5 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

We have been rubbish so far this season but to think we might be in a relegation battle is ridiculous. We won’t finish anywhere near the bottom of this pathetic league. 

Just going on facts :

• We are bottom of the league based on recent performance over the last 7 games - the best guide to expected future performance
  • Only two teams have won less games than us
  • Only one team has scored less goals than Derby
  • As a result we are four places off the relegation places

We are currently playing lower league teams and those around us. And it is getting no better. Soon we will be playing better performing teams.

If this is not relegation form, I really don't know what is.

I really wish this wasn't the case and of course I hope this doesn't end in our relegation at the end of the season.

But to hide your head in the sand and pretend it all isn't happening is not going to turn this around and is unhelpful. 

Offering bets to back up your arguments is just childish

And to base on your hopes on Rooney coming in is also unrealistic - he has been in and around the squad for some time now and no positive impact has been seen so far

If ever an attitude summed up the phrase 'sleepwalking to relegation' , yours is it unfortunately.

Please give me some facts and analysis to suggest I am wrong - I would be delighted to admit it and take your side

14 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

and by the way.....Arsenal are 6 points off the relegation zone, do you think they will go down too....?

Not now that they’ve sacked the manager that had left them that near to the relegation zone, no. 

13 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

Cocu is not a neutral actor in any of the things you mentioned. He was in a position to react. 

No need to be such a drama queen ?

10 hours ago, Emson said:

Just going on facts :

• We are bottom of the league based on recent performance over the last 7 games - the best guide to expected future performance

We are currently playing lower league teams and those around us. And it is getting no better. Soon we will be playing better performing teams.

I really wish this wasn't the case and of course I hope this doesn't end in our relegation at the end of the season.

But to hide your head in the sand and pretend it all isn't happening is not going to turn this around and is unhelpful. 

And to base on your hopes on Rooney coming in is also unrealistic - he has been in and around the squad for some time now and no positive impact has been seen so far

If ever an attitude summed up the phrase 'sleepwalking to relegation' , yours is it unfortunately.

Please give me some facts and analysis to suggest I am wrong - I would be delighted to admit it and take your side

You do know Wazza hasn't played yet do you ? What kind of positive impact were you expecting  without him being on the field ?

Him alone will keep us clear of relegation, players coming back from injury and a couple of additions and we will start climbing the table.

If you want facts, here one the league is over 46 games not 7. No one is burying their head in the sand, the bet was offered because the poster was confident that it would not happen.

Go on, take the bet, easy money for you to take the missus for a nice meal if you are that sure it's going to happen, I'd also quite happily put money on they don't go down, no matter what 'facts' you put in front of me.

12 hours ago, Emson said:

Just going on facts :

Someone talking sense for a change and not deluded thinking we are good enough or to big not to get relegated

21 hours ago, Emson said:

Just going on facts :

Just one fact needed...

the greatest EVER goal scorer in England’s history. 

21 hours ago, Emson said:

And to base on your hopes on Rooney coming in is also unrealistic 

Can't argue with much of what you put but I do think Rooney will be a massive influence on the team - he'll drag Lawrence round by his testes if he has to.

I'm not sure it's massively unrealistic to pin our hopes on Rooney - bloody dangerous though. If he gets injured then we've had it!

9 minutes ago, Pastinaak said:

Can't argue with much of what you put but I do think Rooney will be a massive influence on the team - he'll drag Lawrence round by his testes if he has to.

I'm not sure it's massively unrealistic to pin our hopes on Rooney - bloody dangerous though. If he gets injured then we've had it!

I wouldn’t worry about that. He is 34, hasn’t played in quite a while and we hardly ever have players out injured.

Except for the ones who get injured taking penalties, in light training sessions and in car crashes but apart from that it’s only the ones who get injured whilst running around in a match. So probably nothing to worry about. 

On 26/12/2019 at 17:07, Archied said:

how many times have I heard that cocu chooses technical players?   We don’t have any, as I say we either buy or we fill the team full of battlers and hit long balls over the top for Marriott to chase 

On the last half dozen games, yes you’re right. Oddly though I believe our players have enough in the tank to be comfortably mid table, knocking on play off door but there is a huge confidence and self belief / risk / courage taking initiative that’s missing. 

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Just one fact needed...

the greatest EVER goal scorer in England’s history. 

Again, just like @AdamRam, a complete lack of realism and failure to understand the nature of our current circumstances.

We all want and hope that Rooney is successful at Derby, but surely we must be realistic.

• He has never, ever played in the championship, let alone at the lower reaches of it
  • He is 34 years old
  • He has never, ever played with players of the quality of players that we have at Derby County
  • He will be targeted by every single championship opposition player looking to take a scalp for their scrapbook
  • He has no track record of being a successful leader, let alone when  in adversity - the last time he experienced being a leader when up against it was when captaining England against Iceland at Euro 2016, one of the most abject performances by the national team in living memory

I am absolutely delighted that Rooney is coming to Derby and am very excited to see him in a Rams shirt. And I really hope he has a similar impact on the Rams as Dave Mackay, John Gregory and Igor Stimac did

But the way one or two people are pinning all their hopes and aspirations on him single handedly changing our fortunes is both incredibly unfair and hugely optimistic - putting a ridiculous amount of pressure on him before he has even kicked a ball.

@AdamRam - you do know that his title is player/coach, don't you........ ?!

So again, the point of my post is this : lets not be complacent . We are in a relegation battle and it will take a lot, including Wayne Rooney, to get out of it 

9 minutes ago, Emson said:

Again, just like @AdamRam, a complete lack of realism and failure to understand the nature of our current circumstances.

We all want and hope that Rooney is successful at Derby, but surely we must be realistic.

• He has never, ever played in the championship, let alone at the lower reaches of it
  • He is 34 years old
  • He has never, ever played with players of the quality of players that we have at Derby County
  • He will be targeted by every single championship opposition player looking to take a scalp for their scrapbook
  • He has no track record of being a successful leader, let alone when  in adversity - the last time he experienced being a leader when up against it was when captaining England against Iceland at Euro 2016, one of the most abject performances by the national team in living memory

I am absolutely delighted that Rooney is coming to Derby and am very excited to see him in a Rams shirt. And I really hope he has a similar impact on the Rams as Dave Mackay, John Gregory and Igor Stimac did

But the way one or two people are pinning all their hopes and aspirations on him single handedly changing our fortunes is both incredibly unfair and hugely optimistic - putting a ridiculous amount of pressure on him before he has even kicked a ball.

So again, the point of my post is this : lets not be complacent . We are in a relegation battle and it will take a lot, including Wayne Rooney, to get out of it 

So, let's get this straight. You say "one or two people" are putting ridiculous pressure on Rooney - that's the same Rooney who's played in 3 World Cups and 3 European Championships, won 5 PL titles, 4 cups and the Champions League? What on earth has happened to him to become so intimidated by a couple of fans?

7 minutes ago, Emson said:

• He is 34 years old

He had never, ever played in the champions league until the night he made his debut...and scored a hat trick. 

He is only 34 years old

he had never played with players of the quality that DC United had.

he will be dragging all the knuckle dragging center halves in this rubbish league all over the place, we will be playing against 10 men so many times. 

You really slagging off him being a captain....? Didn’t he captain United to the FACup in his second season.? And I’m sure that’s not the only thing he won is It...?

im not totally pinning all my hopes on him to be honest, I know we are nowhere near poor enough to go down even without him, so add him and we will be flying. 

10 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

So, let's get this straight. You say "one or two people" are putting ridiculous pressure on Rooney - that's the same Rooney who's played in 3 World Cups and 3 European Championships, won 5 PL titles, 4 cups and the Champions League? What on earth has happened to him to become so intimidated by a couple of fans?

Blimey

What a very strange thing to post 

You haven't contributed anything to the subject under debate 

Start again and try to do better 

Archived