Relegation battle

Archied

4 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

It's all part of management. You can't use events as an excuse for failure without considering whether or not the manager had a hand in them. I don't know whether Cocu did, which is why I used question marks. But to dismiss any possibility is just blind faith.

Cocu will succeed or fail by his decisions. To say his decisions are irrelevant is just ridiculous. 

And just to clarify,  I don't want Cocu out. I want him to prove me wrong and succeed. I just don't believe he will.

And what you're quick to dismiss is that many of the events are totally out of his control.

Is it Cocu's fault we lost our best creative outlets and defenders from last season?

Is it Cocu's fault that professional athletes cant be trusted to have a drink without getting leathered?

Is it Cocu's fault that a long serving club captain was in the middle of this, willingly got into a car driven by someone he knew to be drunk & is now injured for a year? 

By all means criticise the results. And the performances. And his interviews. We can argue that back & forth. But I dont see how you can justify questioning his part in that night out and suggest that it is 'blind faith' not to try and apportion some blame to him.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

We are sleepwalking towards relegation.

And we're not too big to go down, either.

If the rest of the season plays out in a similar fashion to all our other seasons over the last few years, we'll likely go down.

This is getting too real now.

life drowning GIF

5 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

We are sleepwalking towards relegation.

And we're not too big to go down, either.

If the rest of the season plays out in a similar fashion to all our other seasons over the last few years, we'll likely go down.

This is getting too real now.

Want a wager on it? I will even give you 10 points, as in if we finish within 10 points of relegation then you win.

We are miles off going down, miles

1 minute ago, MuespachRam said:

Want a wager on it? I will even give you 10 points, as in if we finish within 10 points of relegation then you win.

Genuinely hope you're right mate. But we're not miles off. It's six points.

And more crucially: we do not look like beating any team below us at the minute. It was vital to get six points against Reading and Wigan. We managed 1.

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Genuinely hope you're right mate. But we're not miles off. It's six points.

And more crucially: we do not look like beating any team below us at the minute. It was vital to get six points against Reading and Wigan. We managed 1.

it was only vital to get 6 points if we were still holding out hopes of pushing anywhere near the top 6, we clearly aren't going to, but to think we are anywhere near relegation is just crazy, we are miles away from it and we will be closer to the top 6 than the bottom 3 by the end of the season.

Just now, MuespachRam said:

it was only vital to get 6 points if we were still holding out hopes of pushing anywhere near the top 6, we clearly aren't going to, but to think we are anywhere near relegation is just crazy, we are miles away from it and we will be closer to the top 6 than the bottom 3 by the end of the season.

"To think we are anywhere near relegation is just crazy" . . . I think you need to look at the table, that's all I'll say.

Again, I hope you're right. But at the moment I am seeing absolutely nothing from this side to suggest it will be closer to the top six than the bottom three come to the end of the season.

I'd be interested to know what it is you're seeing that makes you so sure of this.

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

"To think we are anywhere near relegation is just crazy" . . . I think you need to look at the table, that's all I'll say.

Again, I hope you're right. But at the moment I am seeing absolutely nothing from this side to suggest it will be closer to the top six than the bottom three come to the end of the season.

I'd be interested to know what it is you're seeing that makes you so sure of this.

Oh, I don't see anything in what we are doing.....but I do see that England and Manchester United's greatest ever goal scorer in their entire history will be playing for us in less than a week....

17 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I'd take that bet with the conditions that it only counts if Cocu is still manager and nothing really extraordinary happens like we suddenly find a loophole in FFP and spend £100m. 

7 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

and by the way.....Arsenal are 6 points off the relegation zone, do you think they will go down too....?

6 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Oh, I don't see anything in what we are doing.....but I do see that England and Manchester United's greatest ever goal scorer in their entire history will be playing for us in less than a week....

I'm just not that convinced that the Rooney effect is going to be anywhere near as dramatic as you and a lot of other posters are suggesting. He's not going to suddenly stop us conceding horrendous goals. He's not going to suddenly improve our very lethargic playing style. I'm not even convinced he's going to add that much going forward when you look at the quality around him up top.

Saying Rooney is going to come along and save us isn't good enough for me. Even Cocu alluded to this.

5 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

and by the way.....Arsenal are 6 points off the relegation zone, do you think they will go down too....?

I don't think Arsenal will go down because of the level of quality in their starting XI.

We have Craig Forsyth at centre-half. Jason Knight on the wing. Chris Martin leading the line...

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

You've just made my point for me - Cocu isn't going to be able to shift the deadwood that other managers couldn't simply for the reasons you've quite rightly stated in your post. 

This is such an 'easy out'. Well all that deadwood of players that have been here from before! Seriously? There's only a couple of squad members that you could say that haven't been involved in playing at or near the top of the Championship or even above.

If Cocu can't get the majority of them to play and play well then he's a poor manager. What makes you think he'll be able to forge any sort of team just because he's said 'yeah I like the look of them'!

I do not think for 1 minute we go down, but we do need to improve with and without the ball to get in the top half, and Rooney will make a massive difference, he will hold the ball pass the ball, take a free kick and corner and score a few, also he will get the best out of his team mates. So better times are ahead, so as fans we must stick with them, which most do. 

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

And what you're quick to dismiss is that many of the events are totally out of his control.

Is it Cocu's fault we lost our best creative outlets and defenders from last season?

Is it Cocu's fault that professional athletes cant be trusted to have a drink without getting leathered?

Is it Cocu's fault that a long serving club captain was in the middle of this, willingly got into a car driven by someone he knew to be drunk & is now injured for a year? 

By all means criticise the results. And the performances. And his interviews. We can argue that back & forth. But I dont see how you can justify questioning his part in that night out and suggest that it is 'blind faith' not to try and apportion some blame to him.

Cocu is not a neutral actor in any of the things you mentioned. He was in a position to react. 

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

We have been rubbish so far this season but to think we might be in a relegation battle is ridiculous. We won’t finish anywhere near the bottom of this pathetic league. 

Really,wake up,unless we have a massive January transfer window we are in big trouble make no bones about it.

Look at the form table we are rock bottom and its not as if we have played any of the top sides in the last 6 games

35 minutes ago, ramboy63 said:

Really,wake up,unless we have a massive January transfer window we are in big trouble make no bones about it.

Look at the form table we are rock bottom and its not as if we have played any of the top sides in the last 6 games

So you are willing to take a hundred pound bet on It then? 

We won’t get relegated, not even close. 

There’s one certainty - not scoring enough goals, dropping points against poor teams and playing dire football will result in a season of struggle. 
IMO our only hope is if there are three worse teams than us. 
I’ve been watching Derby for almost 50 years and I know what a season of struggle looks like; and this is turning out to be one of those. 

So we’re all experts, been watching Derby for ‘x’ number of years, had a season ticket for ‘y’ number of years, these facts allow us to have an opinion that is unquestionable??? Why are we as supporters in meltdown, there’s clearly a plan under way and we need to hang in there. If I’m wrong at the end of the season I’ll come on here and take a beating from all the doubters who were correct, if I’m right how many of the doubters will stand up and admit they were wrong??? All a matter of opinion I know but too many bar room managers who, just like me, have no clue what’s really going on at the moment for my liking!!!!

Archived