Jack Marriott

RiddingsRam

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Sell.

There’s no room in the team for jack because we have some wierd obsession with Lawrence.

I think the people at the top at Derby are waiting for Lawrence to turn into Cristiano Ronaldo, unfortunately we signed a dud.

I'm just hoping we are putting him in the shop window and if someone offers 500k for him in Jan we should snap their hands off.

I really hope we don't sell him unless he is trouble behind the scenes.

Whenever he's played this season (the odd 15 minutes here and there) we have looked elevated as a team despite his lack of goal contributions this season. He puts himself about a lot and we've not seen him paired up with Martin/Waghorn anywhere near as much.

Put him in the team in January fully fit, focused and with Rooney/Sibley/new midfielder buzzing around behind him and adding some CREATIVITY and I'd be amazed if we don't see him thrive.

We could have Ronaldo up front & we would get the same results in front of goal, IMHO it’s more to do with the service provided than the finishing ability of Jack. 
Also factor in the limited game time it’s obvious that the lads not match sharp, this in turn leads to a severe lack of confidence and there you have it. 
The club has done this boy a disservice and I believe that if we let JM go I am certain we will regret it almost immediately ??

6 hours ago, Squid said:

That’s next summer ? 

I believe that next summer would be the summer of 2020; I could be wrong of course. Time can be unpredictable. 

Everyone that has said about keeping Marriott, I'd really look at it for his appearances this season alone. 

Injured more often than not, missed numerous goalscoring chances, pretty poor in the air and needs a second striker to play off. His main factor currently is his energy on the pitch, we've got a whole bunch of youngsters that could bring that same energy for much cheaper. 

Sure we could set up to play to his strengths, but you run the risk of setting up for someone who just won't produce the goods. If we can get back what we paid for him that money can fund a player that will fit the system and the players. 

selling Jack would be a big mistake. I dont agree with those who say he is just a finisher, nothing more. Every time i see him play he runs his socks off and hassles defenders. I genuinely think the problem is with the lack of creativity behind the strikers as to why none of them are finding the net. remember waggy, martin and marriott are all struggling, whereas last year we didn't. Its not because they aren't good enough, its because the rest of the team aren't. 

Jack strikes me as the David Nugent that we should have signed five years ago... Always full of energy. If he plays against us you can guarantee he will score and we will be saying that we should never have let him go.

Play to his strengths and he will score. Martin and Marriott given a run of games will provide vital goals. 

Archived