v Wigan Athletic (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ellafella said:

This is dire and indefensible. If I was in charge of this “football team” I would be embarrassed; and I am not one for making startling statements. So cut the crap and face reality. It’s simply not Derby County and not good enough. 

He needs windows and lots of money remember!!!! 

6 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

Is it? Subbing our only decent player? Yes he was looking like getting sent off. But if his only answer to try avoid this is by subbing off our best player, Phil is clearly desperate.

1. Have a word with him. Influence him from the bench.

2. Change the system to ease whatever he was getting so frustrated about.

Phil is incapable of either of these.

Have a word with the player to do what?

How's he going to stop our defensive midfielder, who is surrounded by players who can't pass accurately, getting stuck in when suddenly he's surrounded by Wigan players following another defensive mistake?

You'd be asking him to let Wigan players run away from him. 

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Congratulations to Lawrence for getting suspended again. Only 5 more to go and he can equal the record for one season.

And he has robbed us of Keogh for the season. 

Worst signing in the last 15 years in terms of price, etc. And that is saying something. 

34 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Pretty sure that was just Martins first touch of the game; as he helplessly slid and failed to gather a loose ball. 

A ball that was hit miles away from him. Midfield has been awful. Nice bits of play towards the end of the half when Martin, Lawrence and Waggy linked up.

1 minute ago, Nick_Ram said:

Is it? Subbing our only decent player? Yes he was looking like getting sent off. But if his only answer to try avoid this is by subbing off our best player, Phil is clearly desperate.

1. Have a word with him. Influence him from the bench.

2. Change the system to ease whatever he was getting so frustrated about.

Phil is incapable of either of these.

I dunno if he's desperate, but we saw what happened last week when we went down to 10 men.

Not sure if you're watching the game, but Bielik was odds on to go off and that has/had zero to do with Cocu.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Lawrence and a Wigan player charging towards a loose ball. They both slow down for some reason. They both arrive at the same time. Wigan wins. TL gives a FK away. Booked. That's his tenth of the season. He's suspended.

Bielik off for Bird. He's deffo about to get sent off. Necessary; but unfortunate because he was our best player. Bielik is upset.

So that’s Lawrence suspended for Rooney debut - the stars are aligning - 

so martin and Marriott can can start together with Rooney behind - we will see 

Archived