v Wigan Athletic (A) - Matchday Thread

Rampant

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not at the game, but Forsyth stands out like a sore thumb on the stats. Everyone else has pass success rates around 80%, Forsyth is 45%. The Bloke was always shocking on the ball, but he seems to have got worse. Does he have a concentration problem or something? Literally clocks off so often, and never seems to learn 

1 minute ago, Lander said:

Im lucky if I make it to 20 minutes watching Derby before I’m bored at the moment. Normally I’m buzzing about watching us, with the excitement of something happening at any given moment, not anymore though. Anyone else?

Yes. Our “blueprint” is fundamentally flawed. We are playing a League 1 side and we look 2nd best. This system is wrong. Full stop. 

Just now, Nick_Ram said:

Bielik probably cost more than their whole team put together. Yet, its Wigan who are making us look poo. Nice one Phil.

But Bielik looks better than all of them? Basically a one man team. 

Just now, Ellafella said:

Yes. Our “blueprint” is fundamentally flawed. We are playing a League 1 side and we look 2nd best. This system is wrong. Full stop. 

Cocu gets cut a lot of slack, but the worst attack in the league (without their top scorer) are creating chances against us with ease and our attack, which includes players who've scored regularly at this level previously, have managed to create a single chance which was a soft header from a set piece. This has been a common theme all season .... sure, we've had many injuries and the off-field issues, but surely we should still be better than this. We've gone backwards this season and there's very little progress being made, but we're supposed to believe if Cocu gets a chunk of money to spend on his own players he's suddenly going to turn it all around. I can't see it. 

Archived