Rowett II?

BarbadosRam

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question TBH, I hated Rowetts football....but got us to a play off semi, we are a million miles away from that and the football isn’t much prettier ?

11 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

Played winning football, wasn’t enough for some though..... they want to be EnTeRtAiNeD

We didn’t win many matches from January onwards. It was relegation form. A lot of the games we won pre January we had a lot of fortune in. We slipped from second and just made it into the Play-offs. The performances against Sunderland H & Burton A were absolutely abysmal.

Nope. 

If he was in charge then I'd probably end up doing other stuff and checking the results on my phone. 

Tbh, that's where Cocu is sending me. But at least he came into poor preparation and quite poor team now suffering with injuries as an excuse. 

Of all the managers out there why go back to Rowett? 

I reckon Derby County was Gary Rowett's best chance of establishing himself as a premier league manager. He definitely had a good chance to take us up - but he chose to fast track his career at big old Stoke instead. Now he has to rebuild his reputation. But not with us thanks.

12 hours ago, IslandExile said:

All those moaning about Cocu should remember how many shots we had on target against Fulham in the play off second leg.

Talk about "going for it" ?

But should also remember that we got to the play offs in the first place, with a team that were 4th top scorers in the division. 

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 18:00, CornwallRam said:

Rowett has never achieved promotion from this division.

Warnock and Hughton have. 

I hate how some fans are more obsessed with instant promotion (at any cost) over long term thinking.

Cocu might not guarantee it or even be the man who sees it out. But should he leave Derby I want us to find another man with the same ideas to have another go.

We seem to be living through a time where Derby fans literally want everything at once; Promotion of youth, spending big on players, financial security and amazing football.

Pick two. Mine is Promotion of youth and financial security.

Looks like most of you would choose, spending big and amazing football. We've been there, done that, yet here we still are.

Archived