RD at its best.

FindernRam

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Nick Webster (flagman and @therams69) is a travel agent, but I don't think he'd be able to help you with this particular trip.

If he can beat free and instantaneous travel I'm all ears ? 

1 hour ago, BaaLocks said:

How do you manage that? I've never been able to get match coverage on the internet from Warwickshire and have previously been reduced to sitting on the roof with an old AM radio pointing it in the general direction of hometown.

Sadly the RD coverage on the internet is blocked by the EFL as soon as the game kicks off. Then it's broadcast via the DCFC website only. Thats the way I can pick it up when I'm at work (in Nottingham) £5 a month (!) 

4 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

I hear Ed Dawes is undertaking a refereeing course from Derbyshire FA so I look forward to how unbearable he's going to become on wrong decisions etc in the coming months.

Just imagine how unbearable he will bee during the course,after all he is star commentator for radio Derby

I do understand that they aren’t there to market Derby County but honestly they’re awful. They’re like the moaning, whining fans in the stands. All I want is to know what’s happening on the pitch not their opinions. I’m sick of hearing Rammage harping on about his time as a player. It’s irrelevant now, times have changed. If I was a listener who occasionally bought a ticket to the odd game I wouldn’t bother if they are to be believed. I like to listen on my way home in the car to hear Cocu’s thoughts etc but it’s not worth listening to Old Mother Dawes for so long just to get to the relevant stuff. 

2 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

Trying not to just sound like I'm slating him here, but Ramage is an awful commentator, the best ones stick to one view and either argue it or accept argument gracefully. 

But Ramage follows the pitchforks. Last week when we looked great he followed the crowd in saying how great we were, yet Saturday he said we've been awful all season. Sounds like a fan who's been given the opportunity to vent each week. 

I tend to give Ramage a free pass, I think his ‘hot and cold’ nature comes from being a footballer. If you win it’s great and it hurts when you don’t. I don’t always agree with him mind.

The problem in my opinion comes from Dawes who seems to think his job is to be a passionate fan rather than a commentator. All things considered that is a difficult job, as a fan id hate to do it, but the other side to that was Saturday post game where them both acting so dour. For it to work one has to act as an antidote to the other rather than an accomplice. Again on Saturday together they ended up indirectly throwing Cocu under the bus about his tactics, essentially refusing to even try and understand what formation we were even playing! Essentially passion is fine but you need a reality check with it (or at least not try and shut it down when Chris Coles interjects!)

10 hours ago, FindernRam said:

At game time 4min .30 seconds Rampage announced Rangers have come alive in the last 5 minutes!

Never one to correct a blooper;  at game time 9 minutes he announced Rangers have come alive in the last 10 minutes.

Personally I never listen to the drivel but my wife uses it to block out the neverending medical updates from the old biddy behind.

How's Thorne looking now days?

4 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Used to listen to it all the time, but I refuse to listen to it anymore, would rather miss out that hear that rubbish.

Such a shame because it used to be very good!

I agree with everything you said.... apart from the fact it used to be very good!  Always been dreadful.  Dawes and Ramage are just more so.

6 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

While I'm no fan of Radio Derby myself, I will say other local BBC stations offer MUCH MUCH worse coverage for football on the radio. Best of a bad bunch really.

Not much consolation if the best is as bad as the RD rubbish

10 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

I hear Ed Dawes is undertaking a refereeing course from Derbyshire FA so I look forward to how unbearable he's going to become on wrong decisions etc in the coming months.

Might be worth him enquiring if they do a football commentators course while he's at it

To be honest I don’t think Ed Dawes is that bad a commentator for local radio, I just think his attitude stinks. Case in point, this tweet sent around an hour ago: 

It’s not the first time I’ve taken from his comments that he has little time for the academy either. Also add on that he was having a moan last week at a reporter who didn’t mention that he was the one who tweeted  Scott Carson directly about the recall option, which as a professional reporter he probably shouldn’t be doing in the first place (for starters it completely undermined Roos). 

2 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

To be honest I don’t think Ed Dawes is that bad a commentator for local radio, I just think his attitude stinks...Also add on that he was having a moan last week at a reporter who didn’t mention that he was the one who tweeted  Scott Carson directly about the recall option, which as a professional reporter he probably shouldn’t be doing in the first place (for starters it completely undermined Roos). 

What was said about Carson? #Dawesisatw-t

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

What was said about Carson? #Dawesisatw-t

Dawes tweeted at Carson asking if there was a recall option and Carson replied saying no. I’m maybe overstating it but I do think it’s a little unprofessional when you could do that work in private, and again, not undermine the current no.1 at the club you support and work closely with 

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Dawes tweeted at Carson asking if there was a recall option and Carson replied saying no. I’m maybe overstating it but I do think it’s a little unprofessional when you could do that work in private, and again, not undermine the current no.1 at the club you support and work closely with 

Dawes gets off on ligging with the 'big boys', that's quite obvious. He's an utter non-entity.

13 hours ago, Alpha said:

I prefer no coverage. The picture they paint is never the one I see when I watch the full 90. 

I know people like Ramage and his passion but Nigel Farage sounds passionate when he's talking poo so showing passion alone isn't admirable. 

I bet Dawes was crying when QPR took that penalty? ?

Anyway, QPR were in the game from the start weren't they? The first 20 mins was hoofball between the teams?

It was just a close, poor quality game. Looked like two midtable grafters. 

I get audio the commentary via the inet as I am out of the UK a lot and I like to at least be able to listen. Your last two sentences really do sum it up perfectly. That's what we are at present. Living in hope that Wazza is going to turn our fortunes around in Jan. 

15 hours ago, rsmini said:

Sadly the RD coverage on the internet is blocked by the EFL as soon as the game kicks off. Then it's broadcast via the DCFC website only. Thats the way I can pick it up when I'm at work (in Nottingham) £5 a month (!) 

Channel 735 on TV freeview ?

Archived