RD at its best.

FindernRam

21 hours ago, Alpha said:

I bet Dawes was crying when QPR took that penalty? ?

He wailed about the award of the penalty until CR cut across him stating that it WAS a correct decision.

then he wailed about the run up 

his constant moaning about the referee, any referee, is tiresome in the extreme. And now he’s gone on a course to train to be a referee which unfortunately makes him only more opinionated and more cocksure of his own superior opinion. When he started on about reffing under 9games at moor farm he sounded like the lead character off ‘Ever Decreasing Circles’ who complained about encroachment at free kicks in under 9s girls football. I can’t believe anyone was daft enough to let him into Moor Farm. 

As for Craig, he’s a bit of light relief and I don’t mind him on commentary. It becomes boring listening to all the after match opinionating, and the re-hash on the moan in. Instead of giving Ed any more air time they could just play the sound of someone dragging their finger nails down a blackboard. Rams tv is so much better. 

Unfortunately my tunnel bear didn’t work otherwise I wouldn’t have had to endure it. 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least when the game is at its boring worst we can play:-

Count Craig's "all of a sudden"s.

OR

See if he can beat his classic...

"Preston can't even pass water this half!"

Not as entertaining as Graham Richards but take your fun where you can get it!

PS are they in line to report on the forthcoming election night?

2 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

At least when the game is at its boring worst we can play:-

Count Craig's "all of a sudden"s.

OR

See if he can beat his classic...

"Preston can't even pass water this half!"

Not as entertaining as Graham Richards but take your fun where you can get it!

PS are they in line to report on the forthcoming election night?

I f-in well hope not.  With the CONservatives likely to win, I'll be suicidal enough, without that kind of halfwittery...

It's a chore to listen to unless we're 3-0 up within half an hour, it really is.  

19 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

I f-in well hope not.  With the CONservatives likely to win, I'll be suicidal enough, without that kind of halfwittery...

It's a chore to listen to EVEN WHEN we're 3-0 up within half an hour, it really is.  

Your comment endorsed herewith subject to amendments in bold!

RD has been absolute garbage for ages now. I'd rather sit and watch text updates roll in than listen to it. As for the moan in, some of the plonkers on that are more hysterical than some of people on this forum after a loss (or draw on some cases). They must be hand picked before going on air, if a caller with a well thought out opinion calls up they probably get put on hold then politely told they weren't selected after Keith from Chad has been on and told the listeners that the manager should be fired out of a cannon from the roof of the Intu shopping center.

On 03/12/2019 at 07:24, RamNut said:

He wailed about the award of the penalty until CR cut across him stating that it WAS a correct decision.

then he wailed about the run up 

his constant moaning about the referee, any referee, is tiresome in the extreme. And now he’s gone on a course to train to be a referee which unfortunately makes him only more opinionated and more cocksure of his own superior opinion. When he started on about reffing under 9games at moor farm he sounded like the lead character off ‘Ever Decreasing Circles’ who complained about encroachment at free kicks in under 9s girls football. I can’t believe anyone was daft enough to let him into Moor Farm. 

As for Craig, he’s a bit of light relief and I don’t mind him on commentary. It becomes boring listening to all the after match opinionating, and the re-hash on the moan in. Instead of giving Ed any more air time they could just play the sound of someone dragging their finger nails down a blackboard. Rams tv is so much better. 

Unfortunately my tunnel bear didn’t work otherwise I wouldn’t have had to endure it. 

I think the moaning about referees is what annoys me most. It's all game, every game. If you go by his commentary you'd think every referee in English football has a grudge against us and is totally useless.

Added to this is the fact that he doesn't commentate in the strictest sense either: his job is to describe what is happening rather than give his opinion all the time. That's what Ramage is there for. 

I thought Colin Bloomfield was a good commentator, and Ross Fletcher before him; they both had the required amount of emotional involvement to make their commentary engaging without being obviously biased and losing themselves in red mist.

By the way, Martin Bryce from Ever Decreasing Circles is a great comparison! One of my favourite comedy shows.

Archived