New parents

Ramslad1992

Sorry for lack of replies to other people who have quoted me, a few days  ago my fiancée rang me at work to say she was bleeding, we have an emergency scan booked in for Friday (how the duck it can be an emergency and wait 5 days from booking is beyond me) but it’s not looking great, either way I’m sure I’ll get to be a ‘proper’ dad one day. I love my stepdaughter to the end of the earth but to be able to say ‘I made him/her’ is all I’ve ever wanted. I wasn’t sure whether to post this in here or the depression thread but the not knowing until Friday is properly killing me. Either way I just want to know for closure if nothing else. 

8 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Sorry for lack of replies to other people who have quoted me, a few days  ago my fiancée rang me at work to say she was bleeding, we have an emergency scan booked in for Friday (how the duck it can be an emergency and wait 5 days from booking is beyond me) but it’s not looking great, either way I’m sure I’ll get to be a ‘proper’ dad one day. I love my stepdaughter to the end of the earth but to be able to say ‘I made him/her’ is all I’ve ever wanted. I wasn’t sure whether to post this in here or the depression thread but the not knowing until Friday is properly killing me. Either way I just want to know for closure if nothing else. 

Sorry, I made my last post before reading this, please don't think I was being insensitive. 

Sorry the hear your update too, obviously you will know more details than us but it's only human nature to fear the worst.

Sure I wont be alone in having my fingers crossed for you on Friday and hoping it's just a false alarm.

All the best to you and your partner ?

17 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

So sorry to hear that mate .

21 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

This has happened to us before in different circumstances, all I will say is, a bleed doesn't always mean its the end of a pregnancy, so theres always hope until there isnt!

Fingers crossed.

22 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Sorry to hear this, but don't give up hope yet.

My wife went through the same thing, yet everything turned out ok in the end.

Hopefully you'll have the same outcome, fingers crossed for you and yours buddy.

Hey guys, after not going to sleep until half 3 this morning due to all sorts of things running through my brain we went for the scan this morning at 8, after a little bit of a wait we were seen to be told that the baby was absolutely fine, had a heartbeat, 2 legs, 2 arms, was exactly where he/she should be and they didn’t know what caused the bleeding but there was nothing to suggest it was to do with the baby. 

Move been absolutely petrified of the worst over the last couple of days but being told that was genuinely the best thing to ever happen to me. Over the moon ? not much to look at just yet as it’s only been cooking for 9 weeks 2 days but here they are! ?

519AA578-1E36-4C96-8582-F51AE37E69CD.jpeg

11 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Hey guys, after not going to sleep until half 3 this morning due to all sorts of things running through my brain we went for the scan this morning at 8, after a little bit of a wait we were seen to be told that the baby was absolutely fine, had a heartbeat, 2 legs, 2 arms, was exactly where he/she should be and they didn’t know what caused the bleeding but there was nothing to suggest it was to do with the baby. 

Move been absolutely petrified of the worst over the last couple of days but being told that was genuinely the best thing to ever happen to me. Over the moon ? not much to look at just yet as it’s only been cooking for 9 weeks 2 days but here they are! ?

519AA578-1E36-4C96-8582-F51AE37E69CD.jpeg

Easy to assume the worst isnt it? Genuinely delighted for you!