New parents

Ramslad1992

1/  Teach them the difference between "of" and "have". 

2/  When they are sad, pat them on the head, and say "Their, There, They're"

3/  DCFC "lose" games.  Women from Nott***ham are "Loose".  There's a difference!

4/  Do not encourage them to play Peek-a-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  It becomes a bad habit!

5/  @Boycie isn't actually that funny bloke from the telly... or anywhere else, for that matter!

6/  Teach them the difference between an eye and a horn.  (No smut please... children are reading!)

7/  If they ain't truly into The Rams by the time they are 12, let them know the freebie season tickets run out, and you ain't wasting your money on a ticket for them... I'm looking at you, Grandson!

8/  If they are ever sick, tell them never to declare "I've add more van free", as someone may be filming them!

9/  @Red_Dawn  is actually a man, despite having a girls name, so do not speak to him... and never accept sweets off him... he's a baddie!

10/  Avoid anything with 2 stars... Hotels, restaurants, football shirts... 

Let them know who's boss. I don't mean in an aggressive way, but basically don't let them run your life. Every tiny bit of lea way that you give will later be used against you ten fold. My sister in law is a single mum living a fair distance away ( the early years her and her daughter were in Gran Canaria), and did everything possible for an easy existence. BIG MISTAKE! She's now living with someone who makes Damian look a bit of a rascal at times. Like I said, you don't have to be a dictator, but they do have to know the "rules".

2 hours ago, bimmerman said:

Don't listen to midwives

They know duck all

We had 2 midwives for both our girls as babies due to illness and other stuff. They never agreed on anything. Put the Doctor in the mix and it's sheer hellish confusion. Go with your instincts.

VERY IMPORTANT: Do not let your wife/partner anywhere near Mumsnet unless you want her to turn into a right basket case. All views are trolled endlessly. Not what a hormonal new mum needs.

On 25/10/2019 at 09:55, Mucker1884 said:

1/  Teach them the difference between "of" and "have". 

2/  When they are sad, pat them on the head, and say "Their, There, They're"

3/  DCFC "lose" games.  Women from Nott***ham are "Loose".  There's a difference!

4/  Do not encourage them to play Peek-a-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  It becomes a bad habit!

5/  @Boycie isn't actually that funny bloke from the telly... or anywhere else, for that matter!

6/  Teach them the difference between an eye and a horn.  (No smut please... children are reading!)

7/  If they ain't truly into The Rams by the time they are 12, let them know the freebie season tickets run out, and you ain't wasting your money on a ticket for them... I'm looking at you, Grandson!

8/  If they are ever sick, tell them never to declare "I've add more van free", as someone may be filming them!

9/  @Red_Dawn  is actually a man, despite having a girls name, so do not speak to him... and never accept sweets off him... he's a baddie!

10/  Avoid anything with 2 stars... Hotels, restaurants, football shirts... 

Nice to be tagged in this thread. I'm also a new dad with a handsome 9 month old little boy ? 

Such a cliche but its the best thing that ever happened to me!

21 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Nice to be tagged in this thread. I'm also a new dad with a handsome 9 month old little boy ? 

Such a cliche but its the best thing that ever happened to me!

Congrats

Every good parent says that ! Most bad parents lament the fact that they have more responsibility thrust upon them

Good luck, 

Babies are actually tougher than people realise, they are programmed to let you know what they need.  Look after the mum as much as the baby, they don't let people know what they need, because they are too focused on the baby, that quite frankly, doesn't need that much attention.

On 27/10/2019 at 10:29, FindernRam said:

We had 2 midwives for both our girls as babies due to illness and other stuff. They never agreed on anything. Put the Doctor in the mix and it's sheer hellish confusion. Go with your instincts.

VERY IMPORTANT: Do not let your wife/partner anywhere near Mumsnet unless you want her to turn into a right basket case. All views are trolled endlessly. Not what a hormonal new mum needs.

Midwife 1- told my wife that bottle feeding was evil

Midwife 2-made her feel like a failure for bottle feeding

Doctor- kids dead healthy

Teacher-kids bright as a button

Genuinely can't stand midwives, we're on baby number 3 now as well so have had mucho experiences with them

Morning sickness has started, ironically in the evening/during the night. Apparently ginger is good for this so the cupboards are full of ginger biscuits, ginger tea ginger bloody everything! Also had the first ‘you did this to me’ tonight which I wasn’t expecting until the birth but she’s a good sport! Once again thank you for all the advice you’ve all given, its really appreciated. And to all the other dads/ dads to be’s It’s nice to know we are all in the same boat ?

7 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Morning sickness has started, ironically in the evening/during the night. Apparently ginger is good for this so the cupboards are full of ginger biscuits, ginger tea ginger bloody everything! Also had the first ‘you did this to me’ tonight which I wasn’t expecting until the birth but she’s a good sport! Once again thank you for all the advice you’ve all given, its really appreciated. And to all the other dads/ dads to be’s It’s nice to know we are all in the same boat ?

When your wife is feeling unwell during the pregnancy, give her a wink and tell her “you know what will make her better”. It works every time.

When your child does something new which you are proud of, you don't need to stick it on Instagram/ Twitter/ Facebook.

Several reasons really...

1) People other than you don't care. (Harsh but true)

2) Enjoy the moment without sticking a camera in their face.

3) Other people who follow you may have kids who haven't reached that stage. And it will worry the poo out of them.

9 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

When your child does something new which you are proud of, you don't need to stick it on Instagram/ Twitter/ Facebook.

3) Other people who follow you may have kids who haven't reached that stage. And it will worry the poo out of them.

Tbh I prefer that to the negative crap people put on social media nowadays. But yes I agree. I dont really care if your son brenan has ate his ducking veggies like a good boy without making any mess

On 29/10/2019 at 10:32, Smyth_18 said:

A private life is a happy life.

There’s a reason why I’m extremely open and honest under a username on here but barely speak a word on my actual social media pages. 

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

5 hours ago, Eddie Lewis said:

We are due start of Feb, our first...im BRICKING IT MASSIVELY 

Gather the support of your and her family , and you should be fine

Dont be afraid to call for help when it gets overwhelming

But babies do make us see the wonders of the world

Contraception :)

2 hours ago, TomBustler1884 said:

My wife is due January 25th. Really excited and cant wait to meet him.

Only thing terrifying me is the money side of things!!

If you have Grandparents don't hesitate to tap them up, they'll love to be involved. Friends with children will donate more baby stuff than you can cope with.