New parents

Ramslad1992

17 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Hi everyone... I'm not to sure how to write this so I'll just go along with it and sorry for any waffling! 

My absolutely amazing daughter was born last week on the 10th June in lincoln. Within minutes of her being born they realised something wasnt quite right and within 19 hours of being born she had been transferred to queens medical centre (which I've called home for the last week) and had life saving surgery. 

She has a condition called Tracheo-Oesophageal Fistula... her food pipe and windpipe were joined and without the amazing work of our great NHS she wouldn't be here. 

Shes got a long way to go but I'm forever proud of how much shes been through in just a week and I'll forever be grateful to everyone that's helped her and our NHS in general.

As you can see by the photo shes already in training as the rams newest supporter! 

20200615_172508.jpg

When she's being an absolute pain in the ar5e in 13 years time (and beyond!), just close your eyes, take a deep breath, and remember exactly how you feel right now.  I promise you, she will wonder what the hell you are smiling at!  

Thank you everyone... shes doing remarkably well all things considered... she is also our new good luck charm! We are 1 for 1 since shes been alive ?

This was her face yesterday when I told her we had beaten snakey's Milwall 3-2. 

Shes still not registered for coronavirus purposes do I'm arguing with the wife that we should call her Louise... then I'll 'accidentally' miss the s out on the forms. ?

20200620_160435.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone... a lot of people showed support in the depression thread so thought I’d give a quick update for everyone... Clara-Leisa is doing ok... 

She is booked in for a ‘oesophago-gastro-duodenoscopy’ and biopsy tomorrow... for us simple people that means they are going to conk her out and stick a camera down her food pipe, stomach and the start of her gut and have a look and take some samples. 

There will more then likely be a follow up operation next week sometime but they want to see the severity of what we are dealing with. They seem to think she has severe reflux which causes her A.L.T.I’s (Acute Life Threatening Incidences) 

photo of a happy baby who’s wondering what all the fuss is about! 

D41349A1-244F-46B4-9A3E-6CCCB34D3871.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all... quick update on the little lady... we had an operation on Tuesday called a fundoplication. As they were putting Clara-Leisa under she stopped breathing (as shocking as it sounds this was the 7th time!) they quickly brought her back round and she was stable enough to carry on with the operation.

After a few days I’m paediatric critical care we moved back to the general ward today. We are hoping this should be the last of her operations for a while (there’s 2 planned further along the line) as she’s had 5 in 9 weeks! 

As a side note I’m brainstorming a lot at the minute as when everything has settled down i want to raise as much money for Nottingham hospital charity, the TOF charity and Lincolnshire air ambulance. Don’t worry I’m not asking for your money but has anybody got any good ideas for some fundraising ideas? So far I’ve got a charity fantasy football league, a few runs, and a raffle for somebody to choose a tattoo of their choice that I have to get. 

Photo of the little lady and her absolutely amazing mummy who’s kept me sane through the last 9 weeks. X

F7795856-19BC-47D4-A59F-93A67027F087.jpeg

Remarkably only 9 days after major surgery which included a cardiac arrest and CPR Clara is coming home in the morning for effort 2... hopefully this time will last longer than 4 days.

absolutely over the moon at the thought of having my family back together! Genuinely buzzing! She really is a little super star ️ 

682F78EF-E44B-44F1-AEFC-9870EE1A1ED1.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone, quick update... Clara has had another operation and is doing well! Our older daughter is doing a sponsored bike ride tomorrow to raise awareness and funds... if anyone could give anything we would be incredibly grateful. We are planning lots of fundraising events in the future and I’d love to be able to connect my love for Derby into it. Does anyone know how to go about getting players to sign shirts etc? Haven’t really done any fundraising before but want to give as much back as possible ? 

cheers, Chris ?

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/chris-wilson109?fbclid=IwAR36-R9r5sOXW-fp-liSMbJARUJYloIhI2MGa-xCKkeqOHjSUxd4Oshq0Lo

15 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Hi everyone, quick update... Clara has had another operation and is doing well! Our older daughter is doing a sponsored bike ride tomorrow to raise awareness and funds... if anyone could give anything we would be incredibly grateful. We are planning lots of fundraising events in the future and I’d love to be able to connect my love for Derby into it. Does anyone know how to go about getting players to sign shirts etc? Haven’t really done any fundraising before but want to give as much back as possible ? 

cheers, Chris ?

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/chris-wilson109?fbclid=IwAR36-R9r5sOXW-fp-liSMbJARUJYloIhI2MGa-xCKkeqOHjSUxd4Oshq0Lo

Amazing thread that I've somehow missed.  

Glad to see everything is going well, hope it goes well with the fundraising and your little one goes from strength to strength.

Just now, reverendo de duivel said:

Amazing thread that I've somehow missed.  

Glad to see everything is going well, hope it goes well with the fundraising and your little one goes from strength to strength.

For a baby thats rather poorly she’s an absolute inspiration... everything she’s gone through in the last 4 months and still smiles like this ❤️ Thank you ?

E734588B-913C-434B-875A-EE8F5B7A1696.jpeg

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone! Just thought I’d bump this to let everyone know Clara is absolutely smashing life and it adapting to her life as a ram very well!

this week is TOF awareness week so I just thought I’d share the website for anyone that was interested! 

https://www.tofs.org.uk/home.aspx

cheers, Chris. ✌️

7D19393A-B4E1-431D-9F12-2455927C1E81.jpeg

11 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Hello everyone! Just thought I’d bump this to let everyone know Clara is absolutely smashing life and it adapting to her life as a ram very well!

this week is TOF awareness week so I just thought I’d share the website for anyone that was interested! 

https://www.tofs.org.uk/home.aspx

cheers, Chris. ✌️

7D19393A-B4E1-431D-9F12-2455927C1E81.jpeg

What an amazing picture, and I'm so glad to see her doing so well. And you know what - if she can get through what she's got through in life, you know no matter what gets thrown at her she'll be thriving through it all!

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Hey Chris. I'd somehow missed this thread. What a ride! Great to see young Clara is doing well, but after all she's been through already I can't believe you're trying to turn her into a Ram as well! ?

Cheers mate, Derby are actually the best of her options! Her local team is Lincoln City and her mum and her family support Grimsby so I’m doing her a favour I think! ?

32 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

What an amazing picture, and I'm so glad to see her doing so well. And you know what - if she can get through what she's got through in life, you know no matter what gets thrown at her she'll be thriving through it all!

I’ll certainly be telling her that when she says she can’t do anything... she’s taught me that nothing is impossible.