New parents

Ramslad1992

We had our 12 week scan on Wednesday... the feeling I had seeing our little baby will stay with me forever, seeing their little feet and arms was incredible! Unfortunately theres some fluid under the babies skin which shouldn't be there. After a follow up scan on Thursday we have to go nottingham (of all places!) Next week for more tests to see if its chromosomal which we have both agreed wouldn't matter as it's our baby no matter what, or something a bit worse like organ defects. Quite a crappy time I wont lie but it's not all bad as I won 2 tickets to the millwall game (thanks dcfcfans) so a nice time taking my dad for a few drinks at the Brunswick and a hopeful win for the rams! I hope all the other expectant dads are having an easier time... wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

8 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

We had our 12 week scan on Wednesday... the feeling I had seeing our little baby will stay with me forever, seeing their little feet and arms was incredible! Unfortunately theres some fluid under the babies skin which shouldn't be there. After a follow up scan on Thursday we have to go nottingham (of all places!) Next week for more tests to see if its chromosomal which we have both agreed wouldn't matter as it's our baby no matter what, or something a bit worse like organ defects. Quite a crappy time I wont lie but it's not all bad as I won 2 tickets to the millwall game (thanks dcfcfans) so a nice time taking my dad for a few drinks at the Brunswick and a hopeful win for the rams! I hope all the other expectant dads are having an easier time... wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

Best wishes, buddy.  Fingers well and truly crossed here for you all, for a positive outcome.

xxx

9 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Top man. Hope all turns out well. Enjoy the football with your dad too.

20 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Good luck, I think pregnancy is prep for when they actually arrive - you think this bit is the worst time for worrying, and then it just keeps on getting worse and worse forever!!

10 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

Good luck, I think pregnancy is prep for when they actually arrive - you think this bit is the worst time for worrying, and then it just keeps on getting worse and worse forever!!

I couldn’t have put it better and the more independent they get the worse.

20 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Hope it's good news - on the football front but more importantly with baby

Thank you for the kind words again everyone it truly means a lot to me and the mrs! An update on the rollercoaster  of emotions is as my messages last week there was fluid under the babies skin which shouldn't have been there so we had to go to grottingham on Thursday  for a CVS,  the experts had a scan before the test and I quote "we don't really know why you were sent here as at the minute everything seems to be fine, the down syndrome risk came back as 1 in 1668 which is good so they've told us to assume everything is normal and we need to go.back at the  beginning of January for another scan to see what's what. To say I was a mess this last week was an understatement (so much so I was odd work sick) but this news was amazing and means at least until next month we can carry on as normal and enjoy christmas. ?

Just reading this thread for the first time.

big congratulations mate abd obviously seeing the more recent updates hope things all go ok 

one things for sure the health service seem to be pretty thorough when it comes to babies so they just like to check everything so hopefully the recent scans are just precautionary 

when it comes to parenting my biggest advice is just remember your a team 

I won’t lie it does test ur relationship, me and the have been together for like 17 years (I know, she’s had my best years lol) 

Prior to kids I think we had like 2 cross words/ arguments in the first 12 years lol... now they’re daily lol

if life is a rollercoaster then kids just make those lows a little bit lower but the highs are infinitely higher 

u just have to remember tiredness makes even the most Laid back person a bit more uptight and there’s a bigger picture here and u have to be prepared to let some things go

oh ... and you’ll deffinitly end up feeling like a packhorse fetching and carrying lol

me and my mate joke,

the words “can u just” will be etched on my brain and gravestone forever lol

but joking aside it’s ace .... and hard work at the same time lol

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
24 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

@Ramslad1992 how are things going? Last update was December, hopefully not bringing anything bad up, asking if the pregnancy is okay? 

Thank you very much for asking. It's been very up and down to say the least! Found out in February we were having a little girl. ? then the wife had a glucose test and turns out she has pregnancy diabetes ( I never even knew it was a thing!)

We were put on closer testing because she wasn't growing properly so we (well the wife as I'm banned from all apointments for obvious reasons) had to go for multiple doppler scans which picked up on a blocked artery.

BUT the good news is I have a very big and uncomfortable wife in bed as we are about a week or two away from the big event. The risk of down syndrome is still there but we are just thankful to be in this position.

Hope your boy is doing well ?

IMG-20200430-WA0001.jpg

9 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Thank you very much for asking. It's been very up and down to say the least! Found out in February we were having a little girl. ? then the wife had a glucose test and turns out she has pregnancy diabetes ( I never even knew it was a thing!)

We were put on closer testing because she wasn't growing properly so we (well the wife as I'm banned from all apointments for obvious reasons) had to go for multiple doppler scans which picked up on a blocked artery.

BUT the good news is I have a very big and uncomfortable wife in bed as we are about a week or two away from the big event. The risk of down syndrome is still there but we are just thankful to be in this position.

IMG-20200430-WA0001.jpg

Thats fantastic news. Yes, gestational diabetes can be a bugger I understand. I dont envy you having to go through all this now, but I'm sure it will be fine.

I wont go into details about the birth as we had a hard time, but I would just say, put your trust in the midwives, they are amazing, and if you have a birth plan, be prepared for it to go out of the window!! 

Ziggy is doing amazing, 4 and a half months old, tonnes of character!!!

10 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

IMG-20200430-WA0001.jpg

Having a 4-week old (child #2) at home., I can completely agree with Tom above - trust the staff, they are amazing. 

We also had the risk on the Diabetes but everything worked out fine - so don't worry yourself. Very soon you're be a dad to the most precious thing in the world.

On 01/06/2020 at 22:58, Ramslad1992 said:

IMG-20200430-WA0001.jpg

My step-Granddaughter had gestational diabetes. Lucas was born about a month ago absolutely 100% healthy, mum is fine. Don't panic, listen to the professionals and you've half way home.

So the wife is now in hospital (for the last 2 days) because her diabetes has been playing up...

The worst part is fending for my self... mcdonalds friday, fish and chips saturday and Chinese today... it's tough. It's not all.bad though I watched the whole of the 1966 world cup earlier, what a game! 

5 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

So the wife is now in hospital (for the last 2 days) because her diabetes has been playing up...

The worst part is fending for my self... mcdonalds friday, fish and chips saturday and Chinese today... it's tough. It's not all.bad though I watched the whole of the 1966 world cup earlier, what a game! 

You've gotta call the kid Nobby now!

Hope all goes well.

24 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

You've gotta call the kid Nobby now!

Hope all goes well.

Everything is as fine as can be thank you... it's more observational but feels strange because I can't be there for coronavirus reasons.

Nobby for a girl would be quite amusing! Her name will be Clara-leisa. Clara just because it's one of the only names me.and the wife agreed on and Leisa because that was my aunts name. 

It's more a case of I'm just a bit lonely! No.wife snoring in my ear, no step daughter waking up in the night because of a nightmare (she is at her dads) I should be having the best nights sleep in years! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone... I'm not to sure how to write this so I'll just go along with it and sorry for any waffling! 

My absolutely amazing daughter was born last week on the 10th June in lincoln. Within minutes of her being born they realised something wasnt quite right and within 19 hours of being born she had been transferred to queens medical centre (which I've called home for the last week) and had life saving surgery. 

She has a condition called Tracheo-Oesophageal Fistula... her food pipe and windpipe were joined and without the amazing work of our great NHS she wouldn't be here. 

Shes got a long way to go but I'm forever proud of how much shes been through in just a week and I'll forever be grateful to everyone that's helped her and our NHS in general.

As you can see by the photo shes already in training as the rams newest supporter! 

20200615_172508.jpg