Two Directors step down

Mafiabob

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do hope its someone with a wad loada cash and an actual ambition to get us to the top, I also hope Mel retains the stadium and with him being the businessman he is, converts it to a multi-purpose venue with the concourse etc that has been planned.

I think if we get the right investors in, with a majority stake whilst Mel retains the stadium then we don't have anything to worry about, instead we should definitely be excited. 

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

No, but wants capital to fund infrastructure change. 

I think his point is that Derby no longer own the ground, any investment into the ground would have to be through the new company, and not have anything to do with Derby.

14 hours ago, jono said:

And thus generate profit which the playing side can’t do in its present form. And with that profit avoid FFP issues when buying the best players. Sounds sensible to me 

Surely such a plan would generate extra income/revenue for the owners of the stadium. I.e. Not the club. So how could it be used to offset losses made by the club? I think I must be missing something. 

27 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I think his point is that Derby no longer own the ground, any investment into the ground would have to be through the new company, and not have anything to do with Derby.

True. When it comes to financials, Mel will always be one step ahead. Loopholes tend to be expenential. That's the objective in my book. How it's achieved precisely, no clue ?

These directors could be heading to this private enterprise...

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Surely such a plan would generate extra income/revenue for the owners of the stadium. I.e. Not the club. So how could it be used to offset losses made by the club? I think I must be missing something. 

I think this is where accountants come in. Imagine the stadium owner leases the ground to the club and within the terms of the lease they are allowed to develop the ground and partake in the profits of that development. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/11/real-life-championship-manager-rise-dorking-wanderers

I found this article interesting. It's about a club promoted nine or ten times in 19 seasons, now sitting in the National League South. 

I noted that the owner mentioned the importance of sustainable and local investment - good coaching - and good scouting - and pride in the local community.

And, specifically, turning down investors flashing the cash - who offer to pay for players, but which he thought would lead to promotions that would be likely to be followed by a crash a few years later.

7 hours ago, Uptherams said:

True. When it comes to financials, Mel will always be one step ahead. Loopholes tend to be expenential. That's the objective in my book. How it's achieved precisely, no clue ?

These directors could be heading to this private enterprise...

If Mel was one step ahead then we wouldn’t  have had to sell the ground in the first place.

1 hour ago, AdamRam said:

If Mel was one step ahead then we wouldn’t  have had to sell the ground in the first place.

Yes, it's an interesting point. It would be always preferable for the club to own it's own ground. Just ask any Coventry City fan.....

11 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

He effectively sold it to himself, and got a good deal as well!

Missing the point I was making though....had he managed the finances in the first place, then we wouldn’t have had to sell the ground.

11 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Missing the point I was making though....had he managed the finances in the first place, then we wouldn’t have had to sell the ground.

When you say 'manage' the finances.. .you mean refusing to try and compete to buy sought after players, not offering decent wages to intice players to come, not backing the manager..?. 

Not sure that qualifies as financial mismanagement.

12 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

When you say 'manage' the finances.. .you mean refusing to try and compete to buy sought after players, not offering decent wages to intice players to come, not backing the manager..?. 

You set a budget, you keep to a budget, Not rocket science.  

Im nor sure where I said financial mismanagement either, just that to laud MM as being one step ahead in his financial planning is like saying the TC bosses should win travel agents of the year.

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

The intention of why the money is spent does not make it financially prudent. The club intentionally spends millions and millions and millions over our total revenue in wages alone. We knew the limits of FFP and still had to sell the stadium to remain compliant - i cant really see how you could argue that was sound financial planning on our part. 

5 hours ago, AdamRam said:

You set a budget, you keep to a budget, Not rocket science.  

Im nor sure where I said financial mismanagement either, just that to laud MM as being one step ahead in his financial planning is like saying the TC bosses should win travel agents of the year.

It really isnt.

Thomas Cook went bust with debt of £1.2bn

MM has money that he wants to invest but cant due to restraints imposed by EFL.

Not saying that MM has not blown a lot of money chasing his dream but comparing DCFC to Thomas Cook is a million miles wide of the mark.

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It really isnt.

Thomas Cook went bust with debt of £1.2bn

MM has money that he wants to invest but cant due to restraints imposed by EFL.

Not saying that MM has not blown a lot of money chasing his dream but comparing DCFC to Thomas Cook is a million miles wide of the mark.

I’m not comparing the two the way you say though ? If you read the posts you will see that, my point is around MM being one step ahead in the financials, nothing to do with the debt.

Interesting though that you state Mel has the money to invest but isn’t  being allowed because of FFP, if this is the case, which I’m not doubting, why is he looking for investment ? 

10 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I’m not comparing the two the way you say though ? If you read the posts you will see that, my point is around MM being one step ahead in the financials, nothing to do with the debt.

Interesting though that you state Mel has the money to invest but isn’t  being allowed because of FFP, if this is the case, which I’m not doubting, why is he looking for investment ? 

Sorry, think I misinterpreted your post. 

Think he is probably looking to share the losses.

Big guesswork but also think any new investor would also have to bring some revenue streams to the table as opposed to just equity purchase.

Archived