Two Directors step down

Mafiabob

6 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

What if we are bought by Chinese owners who want us to play in red shirts?

Isn't it considered to be a lucky colour in China? 

Besides, 32 Red might pay a few extra quid for that!

Then I'll see you down Alvo Park, August 2020 for the launch of AFC Derby County. ?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, innit.

Chinese money would stick in my throat a bit, but I'd choke back the sobs if the Galacticos start arriving at Moor Farm.

Likewise arabian oil money.

Likewise some faceless 'investment fund'. 

Worrying, innit.

Ooooh. I'm all of a tiz.

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Pretty sure all Red Bull teams play in red & white, cant see Mel as a fan first & foremost selling to someone who would change our colours to the same as our local rivals?

Not only that, but all their teams have Redbull or RB in the name don't they? 

Just now, Andicis said:

Yes they do, most teams they buy are lower level & they completely rebrand the club from top to bottom. Good article about them here...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7516473/Footballs-Red-Bull-revolution-energy-drink-empire-shaking-game.html

43 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The club was rumoured to be up for sale for £30 mill (or at least part of it is). You could be right though - fingers crossed you are - I don't really know if that can be used towards FFP or not. Although it would seem open to abuse if you could just sell part of the club to increase your FFP room. 

That’s £30m, or for FFP accounting purposes £280m......?

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

If German law didn't prevent brand names being part of a team name then they would all have Red Bull in the name. They used RB instead to get round it. 

2 hours ago, David said:

It will be a shame if Mel decides to step aside. Maybe he has made a few minor mistakes on the learning curve, but his positive contributions outweigh all of that. He is a local guy and genuine supporter. Not easily replaced.  

15 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Pretty sure all Red Bull teams play in red & white, cant see Mel as a fan first & foremost selling to someone who would change our colours to the same as our local rivals?

I would be fine with it so long it's a very, very, very dark shade of red that some call "black"
RB Derby does have a certain ring to it

21 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Worrying, innit.

Maybe not ... not yet! ⛈⛈⛈

I guess that if a club was sold after being promoted, then any windfall that might be extracted as a dividend would be similar to a reduction in sale price.

Presumably, new investors would win, if there is the potential to recoup most of their money from a quick promotion - and then profit by establishing the club in the Premier League.

So - the conclusion of my analysis is that buyers are interested because they believe that Derby will soon be promoted to the Premier League, and that we have the infrastructure - and fans - to embed ourselves in the Premier League for decades to come!

(I'll happily settle for that outcome.???)

17 minutes ago, GenBr said:

If German law didn't prevent brand names being part of a team name then they would all have Red Bull in the name. They used RB instead to get round it. 

Stands for Rasen Ballsport and I believe they changed it when they made it to the Champions league due to already having Red Bull Salzburg playing in the same competition .

Archived