Two Directors step down

Mafiabob

33 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Interesting that... it’s a move you’d expect when a takeover is near. Sounds like we may be seeing a (partial) takeover soon, I would imagine. Interesting to see who by...

Agreed, no way is this a full takeover, the words of the departing directors suggest they leave to make room for the investors, I'd imagine MM will hold majority still. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

If half of the club is sold (for example) for £100m? Would that not put the club into profit much like the sale of the stadium did? ?

The club was rumoured to be up for sale for £30 mill (or at least part of it is). You could be right though - fingers crossed you are - I don't really know if that can be used towards FFP or not. Although it would seem open to abuse if you could just sell part of the club to increase your FFP room. 

Do football club owners ever make money from their investments - apart from the windfall of being promoted to the Premier League? 

And do owners tend to literally take out profits upon promotion and/or from parachute payments if a club is relegated?

Just now, Ken Tram said:

Are there any FA rules, or any other regulations that prevent football clubs from asset stripping - or can a successful buyer do what they like?

Don't owners of some clubs take out loans, and run-up debts, etc.?

If there are rules they either don't work or the EFL don't enforce them - see Bury - the club basically didn't own anything itself when it got kicked out the league. The EFL has its fit and proper persons test though -so I'm sure whoever is coming in here will have been checked thoroughly by the EFL. 

Technically speaking FFP is supposed to stop a club piling on unmanageable debts, but would it really stop someone who didnt care about points deductions?

Mel now owns the stadium, I assume the club still owns the academy. I imagine it just lowers the sale price of the club, but I think Mel is staying on board for the moment.

14 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The club was rumoured to be up for sale for £30 mill (or at least part of it is). You could be right though - fingers crossed you are - I don't really know if that can be used towards FFP or not. Although it would seem open to abuse if you could just sell part of the club to increase your FFP room. 

I haven’t really got a clue when it comes to FFP, I have to come to here for any insight on it. Pretty sure Forest have bank rolled all their recent signings because the sale of the club showed as a massive profit on the books even though the money will have gone straight out of the club with Fawaz?! 

4 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

As fans, are there particular ownership models that would seem better from our perspective - other than a fan like Mel?

And are there any accepted warning signs for us to look out for?

If Red Bull invested, I bet that we'd be pushing into the top half of the Premier League within five years. They also have a policy of investing in young players.

However, if they wanted to change our name then I'm sure it would be a big no-no from the majority of the fanbase.

Archived