Two Directors step down

Mafiabob

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Stands for Rasen Ballsport and I believe they changed it when they made it to the Champions league due to already having Red Bull Salzburg playing in the same competition .

They had to have it as Rasen Ballsport because the league does not allow a team to have a company name like Red Bull or Volkswagen, etc in the name. They chose Rasen Ballsport because it still allows them to be called RB Leipzig and is there way of getting around the rule. They have been called RasenBallsport Leipzig since they were founded/purchased by Red Bull - they didnt change it because of the Champions League.

Maybe the workaround with Rooney's number 32 not actually being the sponsor's logo was just a warm-up to the main event: we get Red Bull in and always format the name as 'DeRBy County' and the league can't do anything because we haven't actually changed the name

13 minutes ago, GenBr said:

They had to have it as Rasen Ballsport because the league does not allow a team to have a company name like Red Bull or Volkswagen, etc in the name. They chose Rasen Ballsport because it still allows them to be called RB Leipzig and is there way of getting around the rule. They have been called RasenBallsport Leipzig since they were founded/purchased by Red Bull - they didnt change it because of the Champions League.

It's funny because Rasenball translates to lawn ball, a phrase that seems to be have invented purely for naming reasons.

I imagine all the media, if they are interested, will run stories on the assumption it is Gillettes son as previous links to him seem to have substance.

Are we really talking about rb as investors based on a joke/pun made on this thread?

The fact that this has come from nothing, with little leaks over the last few days, makes me guess it might be someone or an organisation that we have tried to keep quiet to stop others possibly fishing for their investment

8 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Where’s this Red Bull link from? It’s treated as gospel on twitter but I thought it was just a joke made on page 1!

I was wondering the same. Not seen anything at all about it other than Twitter rumours or jokes on here.

As much as RB County/ RB Rams would be a laugh, my money would be on it being these guys...

"DENNIS BERGKAMP, Henrik Larsson and Dirk Kuyt are looking to buy another club after failing to land cash-strapped Wycombe.

"American businessman Rob Couhig now looks set to take over the Chairboys and will take his plan to shareholders to get it rubber-stamped this month.

"But until June, a consortium of former footballers - including the famous trio and Holland manager Ronald Koeman, who acts as their advisor - were in the running, according to David Ornstein of The Athletic."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10088208/arsenal-dennis-bergkamp-dirk-kuyt-henrik-larsson-wycombe-wanderers-takeover/

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

As much as RB County/ RB Rams would be a laugh, my money would be on it being these guys...

"DENNIS BERGKAMP, Henrik Larsson and Dirk Kuyt are looking to buy another club after failing to land cash-strapped Wycombe.

"American businessman Rob Couhig now looks set to take over the Chairboys and will take his plan to shareholders to get it rubber-stamped this month.

"But until June, a consortium of former footballers - including the famous trio and Holland manager Ronald Koeman, who acts as their advisor - were in the running, according to David Ornstein of The Athletic."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10088208/arsenal-dennis-bergkamp-dirk-kuyt-henrik-larsson-wycombe-wanderers-takeover/

That would make sense. The Dutch link, as well as them stating about wanting to focus on academy and young players.

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Having read the source article, they couldn't stump up the 500k advance the prospective new owner offered on a handshake, and they're looking for a club within easy travel of London, while also waiting in the wings in case the Wycombe takeover collapses.

The attraction of Wycombe to them is they don't currently have an academy set up of any sort, so could parachute themselves into suitable roles establishing a new one, whereas we have one of the best in the country.

Would we really see our backroom staff removed to make way for this group, considering the work they've done so far?

Can't see it myself.

12 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Seems a bit pointless unless there is someone else in the consortium other than those 3. They  dont have anywhere near enough money. They'd all be bankrupt in a couple of months if they didnt have Mel to cover the wage bill.

I suppose they would be good to have around the academy, but i cant see being even part owners of the club.

8 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Having read the source article, they couldn't stump up the 500k advance the prospective new owner offered on a handshake, and they're looking for a club within easy travel of London, while also waiting in the wings in case the Wycombe takeover collapses.

The attraction of Wycombe to them is they don't currently have an academy set up of any sort, so could parachute themselves into suitable roles establishing a new one, whereas we have one of the best in the country.

Would we really see our backroom staff removed to make way for this group, considering the work they've done so far?

Can't see it myself.

I clicked the link. Couldn't see any mention of 500k in the article, but below the title there was a telling identifier - "gossip "..

It was inevitable Mel would need some help funding the club eventually. I love the fact we have a local ambitious owner who has a great rapport with the fans but if we really want to get to where we want to go we'll have to get a bit of a financial kick. 

Archived