Hello!

Boycie

After all the recent bad news that’s been around, and lots of people losing there love of the club and announcing they’re stopping watching the team, I thought I’d post my support.

Unfortunately for some, I’m not stopping going to Pride Park, and I’m definitely not quitting my sofa for away games either.

I’m not quitting the Forum either, as Daveo would be heart broken, (watch him deny it)

So, who’s with me?

Hello! 

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Boycie said:

After all the recent bad news that’s been around, and lots of people losing there love of the club and announcing they’re stopping watching the team, I thought I’d post my support.

Unfortunately for some, I’m not stopping going to Pride Park, and I’m definitely not quitting my sofa for away games either.

I’m not quitting the Forum either, as Daveo would be heart broken, (watch him deny it)

So, who’s with me?

Hello! 

giphy.gif

Drunk players making a bad mistake (it's not like all of us supporters are angels......) won't stop me watching Derby County. We've been through worse. People go on about the situation like it's on a level of when the three amigos were running the club, really?

I want to concentrate on what matters to me, football on the pitch :)

Can't quit the forum. It's become a habit. Get my news off here and it's to me what Facebook is for the missus. 

She goes on there for a nosey and the news. Facebook is mostly full of people who are pretending to be the person they wish they were. So it's no more real than the people with anonymity on here. Except over time you get to know people better than a few edited photos let you

Got a love hate relationship with football though. I don't like that I keep watching it. From FIFA to UEFA to "The top 6"  to "THE Premier League!!!" to the way players behave on the pitch... it's just a pathetic world. Now the football community is brought together through the delight of Twitter. That's a beautiful partnership. Rich, successful young men and frustrated keyboard warriors. Wonderful. 

When the ball is in play I love football. But 15 blokes sat around a desk talking about this guy being half a yard out of position..  nah. The " banter" between our Nev and good old Carragher... eurgh! 

Long live the forum! Meh to the football. 

31 minutes ago, Boycie said:

So, who’s with me?

Hello! 

get out GIF

I didn’t know people have been leaving the forum. Because some people have opposing views or because of the upsetting events recently? 

i have a love/hate relationship with football myself, I hate so much about it but I’ll still go to PP because I have a season ticket. When I’m there all the other stuff isn’t in my mind, just 22 men playing football. I’m not a forum addict anyway and when stuff gets silly I don’t even look for a while, football fans are too weird sometimes 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

So, who’s with me?

Hello! 

I’m with you Boycie you once got me some free tickets for DCCC and I never forgot it. 

I’m still in, still try to go to one live game a season, still get up at midnight for the games on telly, won’t quit the forum, who knew Pommies could be so witty and passionate.

For anyone interested, my NRL side Canberra Raiders play their first grand final in 25 years on Sunday. If you think this past week has been traumatic you should check out what has gone on at this club the last 10 years. Makes Derby’s issues a walk in the park. A couple of years ago they drew a line in the sand and implemented a no dhead plan which culminates in the big dance Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

I’m still in, still try to go to one live game a season, still get up at midnight for the games on telly, won’t quit the forum, who knew Pommies could be so witty and passionate.

For anyone interested, my NRL side Canberra Raiders play their first grand final in 25 years on Sunday. If you think this past week has been traumatic you should check out what has gone on at this club the last 10 years. Makes Derby’s issues a walk in the park. A couple of years ago they drew a line in the sand and implemented a no dhead plan which culminates in the big dance Sunday.

"The Raiders' off season didn't start well, with Joel Monaghan being sacked by the club for inappropriate behaviour with a teammate's dog. This appeared to be a team building exercise, as photos surfaced showing the rest of the team cheering him on." 

Eh?

I may not always understand all, some or often any of your posts Boycie but I agree 100% with this one.

My knee-jerk (didn't half hurt!) reaction was to sever all contact with anything remotely ram-shaped but I now stand behind the club and intend to see how this latest storm peters out as everything does.

It must have taken a lot of courage (no pun intended) for the two main protagonists to play in front of a hostile and potentially very unpleasant crowd on Wednesday so, yes, I will still be a DCFC supporter, Hello!

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

"The Raiders' off season didn't start well, with Joel Monaghan being sacked by the club for inappropriate behaviour with a teammate's dog. This appeared to be a team building exercise, as photos surfaced showing the rest of the team cheering him on." 

Eh?

Between Todd Carney, Monaghan, Josh Dugan and Blake Ferguson the club had no choice but start again. Imagine having to sack 4 of your top 6 players just when it seemed like the team was reaching it’s potential.

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

So, who’s with me?

Hello! 

Hello!

Archived