One Thing You Wish You Had Seen

DarkFruitsRam7

After watching the video @Inverurie Ram posted months ago in the "We're All Rams Together" thread, it made me realise just how much I wish I could have gone to the Baseball Ground. Although Pride Park is the only home I've ever known and is a place that I'm naturally very fond of, I do think it lacks character. I'm loath to admit it, but I'm jealous of Forest having the City Ground.

So, my wish is that I had seen the Baseball Ground. 

What do you wish you had seen that you never got the chance to, be it due to not being born, not being a supporter at the time, having to work, etc. I suspect some will say they wish they had been there during the late 1960s and early-to-mid 1970s, whilst the older ones might even wish that they were at Wembley in 1946.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forest away the 10 men one. I was in the states at the time listening to it....what a day. 

Then any of the BC era games (just before my time)

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

The 70's. 

I just want European football. I'm too busy to go to Hull on a Saturday.

But Prague on a Thursday? I can try and fit that in. 

You could follow the u18s. Minsk on a Wednesday. 

47 minutes ago, Alpha said:

The 70's. 

I just want European football. I'm too busy to go to Hull on a Saturday.

But Prague on a Thursday? I can try and fit that in. 

I’d love to see us in Europe one day. Can’t be doing with anyone who would rather avoid the Europa League because it might stop them from finishing 7th.

1 hour ago, gfs1ram said:

Wish I had seen the 3-1 Chelsea League Cup Tie in the late 60"s.

Had a season ticket but was sent to work away from Derby for a time and gave my ticket to my dear old Dad.

Greatest atmosphere ever at the BBG - apparently!!

Absolutely. The best game I ever saw

Well my Dad went to the 46 final so I feel I say it via proxy as he told me all about. He was still in uniform having still not been discharged from the army. He was put on a charge after the game for having a Derby rosette on his beret. ""It was a cockney Red Cap" he claimed.

I was unbelieveably lucky as a kid starting watching the Rams in 1968 promotion year, saw two championships and the European glory years. saw us beat Benfica with Eusebio in the team, saw us beat Real Madrid. Was at Maine Road for the "just look at his face goal" It was the crest of a wave like no other with to many highs to say.

In terms of what I missed, due to playing rather than watching, I missed the two Div 3 years which people tell me were great away days.

Yes would have loved to see the Wanchope debut goal live aand most recently the Leeds away play off live, but overall I've been very lucky with the Rams.

Archived