Cocu

Rammeister

This guy is class.

Clearly intelligent, he demonstrates humility and dignity in his interviews and generally how he conducts himself.

I believe we are lucky to have him, and given time, he will transform the playing side of things. 

I also think he is really starting to ‘get’ the Championship and the English game.

Great appointment by Mel.

Anyone disagree?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the circumstances he’s faced since he’s been here, he deserves a lot of time and I think he’ll get it.

Before yesterday, we’d gone 7 without a win, could have possibly ended the weekend very close to the bottom 3. Mel still does a lap of honour with him to show the togetherness we want to see.

I think Mel was and is absolutely thrilled that Cocu chose to come here, and that’ll hopefully lead to some success down the line.

11 minutes ago, Van Rammeister said:

This guy is class.

Clearly intelligent, he demonstrates humility and dignity in his interviews and generally how he conducts himself.

I believe we are lucky to have him, and given time, he will transform the playing side of things. 

I also think he is really starting to ‘get’ the Championship and the English game.

Anyone disagree?

Totally agree with you. We just have to be patient.

He's had a tough gig ,Frank long drawn out saga ,very poorly organised pre season [not his fault .Not convinced he's entirely on board with Rooney and poor recruitment pre season again not his fault.

He's classy and professional but ,I'm not sure if he will cut it , not fond of him playing two CDM's and he clearly likes Zoon which makes me question his judgement .Hope he does well though, I wish him all the best. 

To be fair 7 without a win but only 2 losses in nine, (same as Leeds) isn’t dreadful. I honestly don’t care where we finish this season (as long as we’re not facing League One) I just want to see some green shoots of youth, togetherness and exciting football - in turn leading to some management stability for once 

I think a bit like Farke at Norwich he needs time to bed the style he wants in, get players who will do it and offload those who can't. It's a long season and I think we may be in a good place as this one goes on. He has behaved with class so far and was good about the awful stuff he must have dealt with this week.

3 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

I think a bit like Farke at Norwich he needs time to bed the style he wants in, get players who will do it and offload those who can't. It's a long season and I think we may be in a good place as this one goes on. He has behaved with class so far and was good about the awful stuff he must have dealt with this week.

Yep, I don’t think it should a surprise that it’s taking time for him to get fully used to the Championship. With everything that’s gone on, the Lampard saga, iffy pre season, poor transfer window and the recent fiasco. He’s doing a decent job already. The start wasn’t great, but we weren’t losing many games. Give the man time and he can produce something special here.

3 hours ago, Van Rammeister said:

This guy is class.

Anyone disagree?

He'll be judged against performances on the pitch and corresponding results not how erudite he is in discussion nor how polished he is in interviews  

1 minute ago, minesahartington said:

I like him too and want him to succeed but I just don’t get his reliance on Zoon and just once would like him to pair Chris and Jack

His reliance on Zoon? He doesn't exactly have a wealth of wingers to choose from, and that small pool is hurt even more by the Lawrence and Bennett incident. Who would you choose for the wing instead? 

3 hours ago, King Kevin said:

He's had a tough gig ,Frank long drawn out saga ,very poorly organised pre season [not his fault .Not convinced he's entirely on board with Rooney and poor recruitment pre season again not his fault.

He's classy and professional but ,I'm not sure if he will cut it , not fond of him playing two CDM's and he clearly likes Zoon which makes me question his judgement .Hope he does well though, I wish him all the best. 

Have to agree.  If the Lampard saga had been concluded quickly (and let's face it, once Chelsea declared an interest in Lamps, there was only one place he was going to be at the start of the season), then things might have been a little different, but we need to give him time, rather than chop and change manager at the moment, because with the off the field drama, the sort of manager we need (a modern day Fergie or Cloughie) is not going to come anywhere near Pride Park.

1 minute ago, Mountain Ram said:

I was chuffed we got him in the summer and I still see he as an upgrade on Lampard.

My only quibble is his love of Tom ‘the glacier’ Huddlestone; I’d much rather see Bielik at CDM and build a partnership of Davies and Clark at CB.

Long term it may happen. Clark has had some poor games and looked shell shocked at Leeds. Probably needed a rest.

So far all the significant events are happening around him. Its impossible to know what he's really about. 

All managers are ultimately judged on their signings, and recruitment seems to be our weak link rather than his.

If he signs a couple of gems from Holland in January then we might have a bit more of a clue. 

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

He'll be judged against performances on the pitch and corresponding results not how erudite he is in discussion nor how polished he is in interviews  

Give him time , let him bring his own men in and he will show his mettle. He has inherited a "lucky bag" but some of it has proved to be spanners,  I am behind the guy and wish him well , so should we all COYR !!

6 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Give him time , let him bring his own men in and he will show his mettle. He has inherited a "lucky bag" but some of it has proved to be spanners,  I am behind the guy and wish him well , so should we all COYR !!

Show me where I posted I was against the appointment? The OP stated he was class as he expressed himself well is clearly intelligent etc I made the point quite rightly that he will be judged on results not his oratory skills or presentation in interviews

51 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Can we do something with that beard please?

He’s just not very photogenic is he? Last year we had poster boy Lampard and this year we have an ordinary looking bloke. I like him though and desperately want him to succeed. 

Archived