Barnsley (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, nottingram said:

Had it in my head we had played and therefore drawn more games than that.

Not quite as bad / frustrating as I thought

Are we at won 2 drawn 5 lost 2 now I think.

so we’ve shed 4 maybe 6 points from winning positions, but our record overall in terms of average points per game is a long way behind our usual seasons average, sadly.

we look to be the very epitome of mid table in terms of results.

our midfield seems still to be a problem area. We’re not stopping the opposition-Birmingham had 17 shots yesterday. But neither are we creating lots on the front foot.

9 hours ago, Andicis said:

Why? Florian had a decent game today. He's never going to get into form if he isn't given a run of games in the team. He deserves a proper chance, he's never had one here.

I disagree, thought he contributed nothing again. He’s had several chances and runs in the team, sometimes it just doesn’t work for someone at a club. Unfortunately I think That’s the case for him today. 

10 hours ago, Rampant said:

*************************ROOS***************************

*BOGLE*********DAVIES********CLARKE***********LOWE*

*************************BIELIK***************************

*****************KNIGHT*******HOLMES****************

*WAGHORN**********************************PATERSON*

************************MARTIN**************************

Hamer / Malone / Huddlestone / Shinnie / Dowell / Mitchell-Lawson / Marriott

I'd be quite happy to see three at the back with Bielik encouraged to come forward from there when possible and have a genuine front two tbh. The above is what I'd like to see if we go with the usual formation. Possibly replace Huddlestone on the bench with Sibley. 

Not sure about playing 4 players on the right. ?

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

so we’ve shed 4 maybe 6 points from winning positions, but our record overall in terms of average points per game is a long way behind our usual seasons average, sadly.

our midfield seems still to be a problem area. We’re not stopping the opposition-Birmingham had 17 shots yesterday. But neither are we creating lots on the front foot.

I agree the midfield balance is still not right we look to easy to play against,I think Knight deserves a run but we are still lacking a mobile midfielder who can put a tackle in.

If Bogle is fit be comes straight back in for me. Malone dropped as Lowe has been outstanding. Setting up away from home, I’d like to see Clarke come in for Jozefzoon, Bielik moves in to midfield with Huddlestone, and Holmes out wide. 

——————- Roos ——————

Bogle — Davies — Clarke — Lowe

———-  Hudds — Bielik  ———-

Holmes —- Paterson —- Waghorn

——————- Martin ——————-

As for result, I’d like to think we can win but realistically I think a draw would be a good result. Stendel has an outstanding home record at Barnsley and is due a home win. I saw they played very well at home to Leeds the other week and beat Fulham first game of the season. We’ll have to see how they perform against Brentford today, but I think this could be a tough fixture. Wish I was going but unfortunately will have to support the lads via the Sky Sports app.

5 hours ago, TexasRam said:

I disagree, thought he contributed nothing again. He’s had several chances and runs in the team, sometimes it just doesn’t work for someone at a club. Unfortunately I think That’s the case for him today. 

When? I don't remember him having many consecutive games in the team. He needs a spell in the team and a goal and I think he'll look a different player. He's low on confidence. What have we got to lose? After Lawrence and Bennett's actions we only have very few wingers.

Let's kick on from here.

In the next five games, four of them are against teams below us in the table, so we have a real opportunity to put some points on the board and close in on the top 6.

Let's be honest, we haven't had much luck so far this season and you could argue on the balance of play we haven't got what we deserved. We could and should be 5-6 points better off.

The big moments seemed to go against us earlier in the season, but in the past two games, you can feel our luck beginning to change and those big moments seem to be going in our favour.

If we can get 4 points from the next two, suddenly we find ourselves five games unbeaten going into the international break. If we win the next two, not only would we be unbeaten in 5, but we'd be on a run of three wins in a row. The mood will feel completely different to the last international break.

We just need to quietly build some momentum. If we can do that, I think it's only a matter of time before we are back in and amongst the top 6. You don't necessarily have to win every game, but a little consistency can go a long way. The Championship is such a tight league and teams will pinch points off each other and it will open up for a team who can put a good run together.

We saw it yesterday with Swansea, Leeds, QPR, Bristol City and Preston all dropping points. There'll be more of the same in midweek, with Leeds v WBA, Charlton v Swansea, and four teams in the top 10 facing awkward away trips.

We have plenty of cause for optimism. We are definitely not out for the count.

Roos

Bogle    Bielik    Davies   Lowe

Holmes      Huddlestone

Waghorn                             Paterson

Marriott

Martin

9 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Very definitely Sir. It was the Alamo at times. 

1 hour ago, RamsFan10 said:

Roos

Bogle    Bielik    Davies   Lowe

Holmes      Huddlestone

Waghorn                             Paterson

Marriott

Martin

I was trying to figure out who you'd dropped to make way for Marriott for longer than I'm proud of. I'd really love to see Waghorn, Marriott and Martin in the same team somehow. FloJo can come on as a sub late on.

Archived