Gibson and Martin

WilkoRam

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris Martin didn't play for us for 2 years. Then comes on to score at Leeds and then scores again today and then bags an assist to go with it. He had a hand in two of the 3 goals we scored today. Surely it would have been stranger not to ask a question about the guy who basically won us the match today.

Maybe it’s time for a Chris Martin love fest and Gibbo can see he’s everything we’ve been lacking, a bloke that can hold the ball, I doubt Waggy or Marriott would have retained the ball anywhere near as much as Martin did against that big lump in the Birmingham defence! And he brings his team mates into it, how many flock ons or deft touches found their man in promising build ups. And he scores the odd goal.

And it’s Chris Martin, the best forward we’ve had at this club in the last 10 years, why shouldn’t we get all be getting excited he’s back, including Gibbo.

I have to say despite all his goals and obvious ability, I never liked the constant falling to the ground and seemingly petulant attitude of CM - so have always struggled to give him as much credit as other I have other leading scorers we’ve had down the years.

I hope it’s not a false dawn because what I saw today was a first class centre forward performance from him ...and he was constantly encouraging those around him.

Please let this be the start of something special!! 

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Kept the faith Remy,knew he just needed a chance to make his mark again under the right manager.

I'd simply resided myself to the fact that managers weren't going to give him a chance again, and that the point was moot. That he'd played the last of his games for Derby and that was that.

Despite that being my belief; I'm genuinely delighted for all of you folks who refused to waiver at the commentary of his demise. Not sure why, but I am.

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Kept the faith Remy,knew he just needed a chance to make his mark again under the right manager.

The main thing for me is his professionalisms throughout the last 3 years. Pearson bombed him out, Rowett and Frank didn’t treat him any better either for someone who’d scored 50+ goals for us. I did really think we’d never see him in Derby shirt again. Luckily Phil put a bit of trust in him and got a lot back  ?

7 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

The main thing for me is his professionalisms throughout the last 3 years. Pearson bombed him out, Rowett and Frank didn’t treat him any better either for someone who’d scored 50+ goals for us. I did really think we’d never see him in Derby shirt again. Luckily Phil put a bit of trust in him and got a lot back  ?

I think Chris being ill probably cost him his chance with Lampard 

30 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

I have to say despite all his goals and obvious ability, I never liked the constant falling to the ground and seemingly petulant attitude of CM - so have always struggled to give him as much credit as other I have other leading scorers we’ve had down the years.

I hope it’s not a false dawn because what I saw today was a first class centre forward performance from him ...and he was constantly encouraging those around him.

Quite pathetic that you have to give a back handed compliment to the mom today typical pathetic Derby fan 

33 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

I've got to say, I didn't see a single instance of either of those today. Martin looked like a leader; he was calm, often giving out instructions and matched it with his level of performance. I can't remember him falling over once and he really seems far more mature now. 

2 goals and 1 assist in approx. 100 mins of play this season is hopefully an indication of the impact Martin might well have on this team. He's a terrific target man who even against big centre halves today, held the ball up well and brought others into play brilliantly. Long may it continue because it's pretty great seeing Martin scoring goals again for Derby 

Archived