Could Cocu Walk?

Poynton ram

With the disappointing start to the season, injuries and the latest off field incident is there a chance Cocu could throw in the towel and resign?

I hope not and thought he spoke well at the press conference but must clearly be wondering what on earth he has signed up for.

Interesting that Mel has been silent on the matter and rightly so, 

If ever we needed 3 points on the back of a terrible week it is tomorrow

COYR

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn’t blame him if he did, it’s been a disaster he’s been here , most of which isn’t his fault. I said it a while ago but the man to take a lot of the blame here is Lampard with the way he was pissing out with the Chelsea job should I stay or should I go, which meant there was less time for Cocu to assess the squad and not as many pre season games(arranged by Lampard) and built the team around 3 players knowing they would go back to their parent clubs.  I don’t think he will resign though unless something like this happen again.

4 minutes ago, Stedcfc said:

No, his last job didn’t go well and he’d be seen to have failed here too (even though it’s early days). He needs to stay and turn things around for his sake and for ours

Agree with this. 

He needs to get back to being one of the new promising managers in the world. Two poor showings back to back will make the next job a bit pooh unless it's PSV 

16 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

With the disappointing start to the season, injuries and the latest off field incident is there a chance Cocu could throw in the towel and resign?

I hope not and thought he spoke well at the press conference but must clearly be wondering what on earth he has signed up for.

Interesting that Mel has been silent on the matter and rightly so, 

If ever we needed 3 points on the back of a terrible week it is tomorrow

COYR

mr bean grump GIF

I don't think he will. I think this fiasco has taken some heat off him, which is strange but it sort of gives him an excuse.

It's a challenge in front of him, that he as manager needs to steer the club away from. I think for someone like Cocu this only strengthens his resolve because a manager has to be a leader of people and good in a crisis. This is his chance to show himself as a manager. Not a coach, not a tactician, not a footballing expert, but a manager. Someone who manages people and problems.

All the luck and support in the world to him. Last thing we want now is to lose him. I'd take losing any player in this squad over losing him in this moment.

He wont walk, but could you honestly blame him?

We sign Rooney and clearly make out as it was the greatest bit of business, to then find out it doesnt start until January.

Make an absolute meal of the transfer window and fail to replace Mount, Wilson and even Johnson and Bryson.

Now he finds out a portion of his squad have the brain cells of an idiot between them, 1 of which is his captain.

If I was him, I’d quit. Players have shown a total lack of care for the club and respect for the management team. I wouldn’t want to work with a squad containing players that have the attitude certain individuals appear to have. Not worth the hassle if they don’t appreciate the position they’re in.

I don’t think he will, he seemed pretty fired up to put things right. But I wouldn’t blame him. Can’t help but feel sorry for him. The mess in fenerbache and now this. Bloke can’t catch a break

42 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

I wouldn’t blame him if he did, it’s been a disaster he’s been here , most of which isn’t his fault. I said it a while ago but the man to take a lot of the blame here is Lampard with the way he was pissing out with the Chelsea job should I stay or should I go, which meant there was less time for Cocu to assess the squad and not as many pre season games(arranged by Lampard) and built the team around 3 players knowing they would go back to their parent clubs.  I don’t think he will resign though unless something like this happen again.

What was your username before you became sexydadbod?

Archived