Huddlestone Captain

Rambalin

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let’s just hope more good than bad comes out of this,a really good time for the players to step up,unite and show us what there made off.we could have a team of nearly all u23s at this rate,which to be honest ain’t such a bad thing.onwards and upwards:)

1 hour ago, 61GT said:

No, not suggesting that.

However I am saying it was a stupid act (particularly for a senior pro) to film then post on social media. What was the purpose?

Same as all the videos that were taken and subsequently seen on social media from the pre Wembley piss up.

Thats the point I’m making, you wouldn’t be saying this if nothing had happened.

unless you condemned them in May also, then I take it all back.

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Same as all the videos that were taken and subsequently seen on social media from the pre Wembley piss up.

Thats the point I’m making, you wouldn’t be saying this if nothing had happened.

unless you condemned them in May also, then I take it all back.

There's a difference between this video and those though, the videos of players having a joke and laugh and behaving. This video is of a player throwing up. 

I'm really struggling to understand the reaction to Huddlestone's film. What do you expect a bunch of lads out for a few drinks to do when the lightweight goes overboard? "Oh, poor babby. Let me hold your hair out of your face. Would you like us to call an ambulance? Here, let me put you in the recovery position." Mason Bennett is 23 years old. If Huddlestone wants to take the mick because Bennett can't handle his ale and isn't responsible enough not to drink too much, that's fine by me. I didn't realise the club captaincy involved babysitting duties.

Imo Huddz can be a good captain but does he have the legs to play 90 minutes every game every week? I personally don't think he does but if Cocu trusts him then I stand by him.

Got to feel sorry for Cocu, this has shown it's not his fault as such, rather its the players being undisciplined. I will always back the gaffer and thats something we need to come together and do. The job for him now is going to be seriously, seriously difficult so we need to ensure we don't turn on him, I'm sure its hard for him to lose his captain and players he believes in.

No matter what team he plays on saturday, lets welcome them to a huge applause and cheer. Come on you ramsssssss

16 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'm really struggling to understand the reaction to Huddlestone's film. What do you expect a bunch of lads out for a few drinks to do when the lightweight goes overboard? "Oh, poor babby. Let me hold your hair out of your face. Would you like us to call an ambulance? Here, let me put you in the recovery position." Mason Bennett is 23 years old. If Huddlestone wants to take the mick because Bennett can't handle his ale and isn't responsible enough not to drink too much, that's fine by me. I didn't realise the club captaincy involved babysitting duties.

Yep, pretty much agreed. Everyone is just so primed to negativity now, so you could expect such behaviour.

What I don't agree with is the babysitting part. Older or more sober ones just have to take care of those who can't do it themsleves.

16 minutes ago, Anon said:

Spot on Anon.

Bear in mind Huddlestone may well have had a few sherbets too, and he wasn't captain then was he - just one of the lads having a night out. It was a 'bonding' night, and videos like this are exactly the banter material such events are aimed at generating.

The Club laid on taxis (which we presume Huddlestone used to get home, like most of the other squad members) so they were expecting players not to be ft to drive. Don't blame Huddlestone for acting like a lad on a night out with team mates.

Had there not been an accident, this video would not have seen the light of day beyond the group.

12 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

What I do care about is the fact that he's thick enough to put it on social media, no matter how private the group is. Of course that's going to come out if he's a professional footballer.  Couldn't care less if it was put on social media if his name was Joe Bloggs.

Who says? It didn’t even cross my mind that any of the squad would have had Snapchat until now, six years after it’s release. 

If that crash doesn’t happen then that video doesn’t come out because, ultimately, nobody gives a poo about Mason Bennett. 

47 minutes ago, Anon said:

How many times does it have to be bloody said? Film all you want, but

DO NOT PUT IT ON SOCIAL DUCKING MEDIA!

5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

How many times does it have to be bloody said? Film all you want, but

DO NOT PUT IT ON SOCIAL DUCKING MEDIA!

To be fair there's not a lot of point to filming it if it isn't getting shared with friends who aren't present ? 

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

To be fair there's not a lot of point to filming it if it isn't getting shared with friends who aren't present ? 

Show them from your phone when you next see them. Keep it as a personal memory to be shared with those involved. Whatever, you're just asking for trouble if it gets sent to anyone outside of the club.

10 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Show them from your phone when you next see them. Keep it as a personal memory to be shared with those involved. Whatever, you're just asking for trouble if it gets sent to anyone outside of the club.

I don't see the big deal there to be honest.

There's probably dozens of snapchat videos among the player's social media of things like this, over the time they've been here. This has just come out because of the significance of Bennett's later actions.

Both that video coming out to the public, and any repercussions it has on Bennett, are entirely Bennett's fault.

We probably don't even find out they went out drinking, or earlier went bowling or went for a meal, without the crash.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

How dare he!

Not sure which one you are on about, but the main problem, in isolation, is the posting to social media. Bennett getting drunk, no problems, Bennett throwing up, no problems, Huddlestone videoing it, no problem. Huddlestone posting for others to see, problem. Regardless of what happened after. It makes the players/club look bad. 

45 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

This is my exact view. He could have just sent to Bennett in a private message the day after and joke about it or even in the team private WhatsApp group if he was that desperate to record it. Instead , he sent it out on snapchat so potentially snakey people could be sell outs to national newspapers. He should know better than to grass his teammate up.

2 hours ago, Anon said:

This is a pretty obtuse viewpoint for me.

Most people aren't going overboard about Tom really.  But surely you can see this is a time of very very embarrassing and shameful scrutiny. So naming a new captain and sending him out to the media as the new figure head of the team...when he has been filming and posting some of the rather cringe worthy prelude to this, seems to be a bit of a PR own goal?

I am not saying I think what Tom did is the end of the world... But when he speaks to the media, I would want the new captain to be contrite, un-involved and able to give us a fresh slate/direction.

The media will love it...what is Tom going to say . ? Yeh ignoring club instructions, getting wasted, being unprofessional, posting idiotic stuff on social media...that's all fine by me as a leader..but drink driving that is bad.. ?

It is just messy and gives mixed messages at a time we don't need it. 

Archived