Huddlestone Captain

Rambalin

45 minutes ago, Saffy van der Ram said:

It would be really great if we could all get behind Tom instead of moaning as usual.

Not his fault he’s been put in this position and I think he’s the natural choice from the regular players.

No matter who had been chosen there would have been moaning.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Least this means huddlestone wasn’t involved you would think. Let’s hope there’s not any more senior players who should know better.

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I agree. He’s been in poor form so far this season, but think people forget quickly how unreal he was under rowett. Could tear a defence apart with a single pass. Given we’ve got little option but to play him now, with Bielik likely moved to CB and Evans out, think everyone needs to get behind him and hope he gets back to that form. He’s represented Derby for many games since coming through our academy, and other clubs as well as his country with distinction and without much incident from what I can remember. Also does a lot of good work with charity’s (particulary the homeless I think?) from what I’ve heard. Seems a good candidate after this mess to me. Always thought he’d lead Derby out one day so I’m pleased for him, and I’m sure he’ll be honoured to do so.

Actually scrap all of that, just seen the latest mirror article! Why In gods name has been made captain when he was involved?!

2 minutes ago, Sexydadbod said:

It’s going to be the shortest ever captaincy reign at Derby after that video . ? . Another one of our ‘senior’ pros showing what a role model they are..

Occurred to me the club may not have known about that video, so yeah you may be right!

Whos next? We know Waghorn definitely wasn’t involved so it’s gotta be him at this rate!

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Cocu has gone cuckoo.

Hudds was filming his team mates being sick, hardly captain material.

In fairness as I said, the club themselves may not have seen the video yet. Huddlestone should now also have his captaincy stripped imo. Waghorn for me since he definitely wasn’t involved!

Just wanted to add my comment from the other post on here.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

In fairness, 

We don't know that Huddlestone was involved in the drive back. We don't know that he didn't leave earlier, in a taxi, like a reasonable adult.

Mocking friends you've had too much is pretty standard behavior. I've never once believed any of them are going to be stupid enough to try and drive home.

If Huddlestone was in the cars; or Huddlestone was aware they were going to drive home - then I agree with you both, it's just awful. But we don't know that that's the case and if it wasn't he's behaved pretty normally. 

8 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Just wanted to add my comment from the other post on here.

Yeah, this. Without further context there's nothing to really say about it. For all we know he's filmed that at 7:30 and gone home in a taxi half an hour later. I'm sure if there's anything else that happened with him, or any other player for that matter, it will come out in due course.

5 minutes ago, cannable said:

You’ve never in your life filmed a mate being sick? 

I think there’s a difference between us and footballers in the spotlight whose job it is to be a model professional fitness wise. It was a stupid thing to do by Huddlestone even if the accident didn’t happen. Don’t think Cocu would have been happy seeing one of his players throwing up everywhere and one of the senior players taking the Micky out of them in the video.

And the answer to your question, no I’d never do that. I’d make sure my friend sobered up as quickly as possible before ensuring they got home safely when they’re somewhat more aware of their senses, ideally in a taxi or public transport.

Archived