Huddlestone Captain

Rambalin

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Don't tell @Srg

Tbf the Captain's always going to be someone's least favourite player. Not sure what his options are.

The team does seem a little light on leadership that plays regularly. You'd imagine Davies and Martin are up there as leaders but neither (at this stage) play often. Hard to think of any other options.

Probs be Rooney next season, do we think?

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

Tbf the Captain's always going to be someone's least favourite player. Not sure what his options are.

The team does seem a little light on leadership that plays regularly. You'd imagine Davies and Martin are up there as leaders but neither (at this stage) play often. Hard to think of any other options.

Probs be Rooney next season, do we think?

Yeah I agree with all that, not sure who else I would have chosen. Martin and Davies would have been good shouts, but by giving them the armband you're essentially making them undroppable. Big call for players on the periphery. 

Congratulations Tom!

I know there's some mixed feelings about Huddlestone, but he's a product of our own youth system and an ex England international. He's done our club proud throughout his career to date and I hope he can continue to do so whilst wearing the arm band.

1 minute ago, cosmic said:

Yeah I agree with all that, not sure who else I would have chosen. Martin and Davies would have been good shouts, but by giving them the armband you're essentially making them undroppable. Big call for players on the periphery. 

If it was me I probably would have gone the "fresh start" route and given it to someone younger I think is going to play every game. Although, thinking about it the options are pretty limited.

As far as I can tell our only undroppable player is 19 year old Bogle ? 

Actually duck it, I'd have made Bogle captain. Old heads are overrated.

10 minutes ago, Anon said:

Congratulations Tom!

I know there's some mixed feelings about Huddlestone, but he's a product of our own youth system and an ex England international. He's done our club proud throughout his career to date and I hope he can continue to do so whilst wearing the arm band.

I agree. He’s been in poor form so far this season, but think people forget quickly how unreal he was under rowett. Could tear a defence apart with a single pass. Given we’ve got little option but to play him now, with Bielik likely moved to CB and Evans out, think everyone needs to get behind him and hope he gets back to that form. He’s represented Derby for many games since coming through our academy, and other clubs as well as his country with distinction and without much incident from what I can remember. Also does a lot of good work with charity’s (particulary the homeless I think?) from what I’ve heard. Seems a good candidate after this mess to me. Always thought he’d lead Derby out one day so I’m pleased for him, and I’m sure he’ll be honoured to do so.

The season goes from bad to worse. The end of this season can't come quick enough. The only thing I'm now hoping for is that we finish higher than twentieth.

After a change of management or because of the make-up of the playing staff, I read at the start of nearly every season over the past number of years. That the club will need to go through a transitional season and that the supporters will need to be patient while this happens.

Well it looks as if this season might be that season. The trouble is I don't think I like what we're transitioning into.

I thought most of the captains job us done in the dressing room & on the training pitch. Leading by example. I have no issue with Huddlestone being captain. Nobody knows what he's like around the club with the younger players so don't get the negativity around this

Other than Davies (who probably wont play much) . I cant think of a more senior player for the job

Archived