Lawrence and Bennett Convicted of drink driving

alexxxxx
Message added by Day

May I remind members of the forum terms of use and prohibited content - Personal insults/profanity towards other members, players, staff, media or anyone connected to Derby County Football Club.

Also please do not use this forum to create or further spread unverified rumours from social media on the incident.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's that many possibilities I don't know why people are taking so much time to try and figure it out. 

This is a horrible situation BUT could actually work in our favour in the short term. In short term I mean in the next 12-18 months. I can't see us going down so we can only hope for a mid table finish this season. 

Soooo DCFC arrange an evening out for “team bonding” purposes, because as the manager said on Rams TV “it’s important for the players to bond by spending time together as a group to improve morale”. And we have as a result .......

- hospitalised the captain so he’s out fora year

- exposed another player to ridicule by filming him worse for wear

- potentially have 2 further players on criminal charges 

wow.

lets hope nobody thinks to ask DCFC for ideas for solving eg the Israeli Palestinian conflict......?

1 hour ago, Popular side said:

things aren’t all bad 

It's funny, I was thinking earlier how far removed we seem from the Keep Audrina dancing movement we've become, then you post this.

She's not far away from her fundraising target to receive her treatment in the States, which would greatly reduce her chance of a relapse, yet now has a canula in her foot, and has recently had to have a feeding tube inserted against her will to keep her healthy enough to receive further treatment.

Despite this, she's the one encouraging us to bounce and keep the faith, words fail me!

Two weeks fine for the players involved should see her over the fundraising line, if donated, and if it doesn't then they should make it happen regardless, she's far more of an ambassador for the club then those fools have been.

10 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

It's funny, I was thinking earlier how far removed we seem from the Keep Audrina dancing movement we've become, then you post this.

She's not far away from her fundraising target to receive her treatment in the States, which would greatly reduce her chance of a relapse, yet now has a canula in her foot, and has recently had to have a feeding tube inserted against her will to keep her healthy enough to receive further treatment.

Despite this, she's the one encouraging us to bounce and keep the faith, words fail me!

Two weeks fine for the players involved should see her over the fundraising line, if donated, and if it doesn't then they should make it happen regardless, she's far more of an ambassador for the club then those fools have been.

So well said .. ?

3 minutes ago, Remy the hare said:

I keep saying this about the direction of travel for Keogh, it doesn’t make sense. Going down Burley hill towards the a6 is completely the wrong direction for home for him. Something doesn’t add up with Keogh being there and his injuries. 

Well his injuries certainly make sense given the crash! But as I say, the fact they were up there seems weird

37 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Soooo DCFC arrange an evening out for “team bonding” purposes, because as the manager said on Rams TV “it’s important for the players to bond by spending time together as a group to improve morale”. And we have as a result .......

- hospitalised the captain so he’s out fora year

- exposed another player to ridicule by filming him worse for wear

- potentially have 2 further players on criminal charges 

wow.

lets hope nobody thinks to ask DCFC for ideas for solving eg the Israeli Palestinian conflict......?

Reminiscent of that episode in Father Ted where they were visited by three bishops and everything went terribly wrong but when the bishops left, in a camper, an ambulance and a hearse, Ted and Dougal looked at eachother, Ted rubbed his hands together and said "Went rather well, I thought".

58 minutes ago, Ramshankered said:

Wow. Mate sent me a snap of Keogh’s knee post crash. Jeezus. Absolute mess.

That's an old cycling injury. I remember it doing the rounds when it happened.

Clues in the shorts he's wearing. 

Weird that sort of misinformation gets cycled to be honest. All it achieves is grossing some people out ? 

2 minutes ago, JfR said:

Right decision. Would have been surprised if he didn't drop them, at least for tomorrow.

Absolutely no surprise that, what really surprised me on reading the title was that it's only for tomorrow and not thrown out of the club. I would be surprised if they were sacked due to their (or at least Lawrence's) values, but the headline is written in such a way as to make people read the story.

Archived