Birmingham City (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Fully expect Bielik in defence, maybe play a back three with Malone and Bogle? Is Bogle back for this?

That really would scare me, only one (barely) recognised centre half with a left sided defender known for being caught out of position... getting palpitations already just thinking about it ?

If we're going to continue playing out from the back without Keogh; I think it has to go through the full-backs, the play has to move up the wing. 

We can't go up the middle, not without Keogh. Not only are all our CBs worse than him and playing out from the back; but all of our CBs are slower than him - so there's zero chance of recovery from mistakes in the middle of the field.

Roos

Bogle Bielik  Clarke  Lowe

Huddlestone   

Holmes              Knight

Martin

Marriott           Waghorn 

Would love to see Chrissy playing just behind those two with his flick ons. Bogle and Lowe bombing on to the provide width. Huddlestone in there isn’t ideal but we don’t really have much of a choice.

Not many players to choose from in their strongest position (considering fitness, injury and alcohol circumstances*)...
GK: Roos, Hamer
RB: -
CB: Davies, Clarke
LB: Malone, Lowe
DM: Huddlestone, Bielik
CM: Holmes, Knight, Shinnie, Dowell
W: Jozefzoon, Paterson
CF: Waghorn, Marriott, Martin

It means there's now a big opportunity opening up for Buchanan, Whittaker and Mitchell-Lawson

Starting XI: Roos; Lowe, Bielik, Clarke, Malone; Huddlestone, Knight, Holmes; Waghorn, Marriott, Paterson
Subs: Hamer, Davies, Buchanan, Shinnie, Dowell, Jozefzoon, Martin

*not all involved in the drinking incident have been excluded from selection.

Is the incident really going to affect team selection that much?

Bear in mind Bennett doesn't get near the first team anyway, and half this forum would rather Lawrence wasn't playing, the only change is Keogh.

Keogh for Davies (or Buchanan, I'll leave that to Uncle Phil). Only other change I'd make is Paterson (or, hell, maybe Dowell) for Jozefzoon and otherwise play the same team as last week.

Of course, this depends on who else, if anyone, was involved in the incident. If we're lucky, maybe Flojo?

15 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think it's safe to assume that the 11 playing v brum are Not involved in the drink driving car crash - I'd expect everyone who was involved to be left out as the very least the club and manager would do to show their views that the incident was unacceptable.

So on that basis, get behind the team on the pitch.

I would think we would play our best available team because we need the points very badly. To cut our nose off... would seem extremely stupid. Having said that it's only Lawrence who would be in contention isn't it?

13 minutes ago, KCG said:

I would think we would play our best available team because we need the points very badly. To cut our nose off... would seem extremely stupid. Having said that it's only Lawrence who would be in contention isn't it?

Well, it there were others likely to be involved as Keogh was in the car we don't know, bug it'll come out I'm sure.

I do see that argument, but in the longer run I think I'd side on the better for the group to say "you're dropped for this match as your behaviour was unacceptable" - just give the squad the strong message.

Not saying I'm right, just how I'd Hypothetically play it. I'm not a football manager though, so it's easy gif me to say.

We'll see come Saturday.

Roos

Bogle Beilik Clarke Lowe

Huddlestone Shinnie

Waghorn Holmes Paterson

Marriott. 

This season already feels like a damp squib, 'take mid-table and build for next year' year. No confidence in most of the squad at the moment, we could really really do with 3 points on sat. 

Archived