Birmingham City (H) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still not convinced we should be playing Huddlestone and Bielik together - especially at home. We actually looked better when we took one of them off today. I'm not particularly convinced by Clarke at the moment, but I will give him a few games.

Roos (Or see if Man City can let us have Carson back)

Bogle Keogh Clarke Lowe

Bielik

Knight    Holmes

Martin

Waghorn Marriott

As I say every week don't bother with wingers. Paterson looked good when he came on today, so change formation adn bring Lawrence and Paterson on late on if its not working.

5 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I'm still not convinced we should be playing Huddlestone and Bielik together - especially at home. We actually looked better when we took one of them off today. I'm not particularly convinced by Clarke at the moment, but I will give him a few games.

Bogle Keogh Clarke Lowe

Bielik

Knight    Holmes

Martin

Waghorn Marriott

As I say every week don't bother with wingers. Paterson looked good when he came on today, so change formation adn bring Lawrence and Paterson on late on if its not working.

Yep we gained a runner which helped push them back 2 dms has never really worked for us as Hudds and who ever plays next to him tend to play in the same space and cancel each other out!

12 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Bogle Keogh Clarke Lowe

Bielik

Knight    Holmes

Martin

Waghorn Marriott

Same XI for me, just a slightly different setup (which would naturally become the same as yours during parts of the game, when Chrissy drops deeper...

Roos/Hamer

Bogle     Keogh     Clarke     Lowe

Holmes    Bielik    Knight

Waghorn    Marriott

Martin 

?

Clarke seems to spread his jittery nerves to the rest of the back four 

Roos

bogle.       Keogh.      Evans.       Lowe

.                       Bielik 

.  Holmes.   Knight.   Shinnie

Waggy/marriott.   Martin 

No idea whether shinnie is the answer but at least he is left footed

two quality wide players are required.

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Clarke seems to spread his jittery nerves to the rest of the back four 

Roos

bogle.       Keogh.      Evans.       Lowe

.                       Bielik 

.  Holmes.   Knight.   Shinnie

Waggy/marriott.   Martin 

No idea whether shinnie is the answer but at least he is left footed

two quality wide players are required.

Clarke may not be in form but replacing him with someone ruled out for a few months with a bad injury doesn't seem the best plan to me. ?

Hamer

Bogle Keogh Bielik   Malone 

Hudds

Holmes           Knight

Waggy       Martin      Paterson

I don't really care which goalie we have, not convinced by Roos and haven't seen enough of Hamer. LB is another tricky one, just better quality. Lowe and Malone are both fine options, but maybe Malone gets a nod as he has been quality in a last few games.

Hudds always seem to play better as a lone DM and Bielik is needed to replace Clarke. Martin is obvious choice up front if we are going to keep 4-3-3.

As today showed, we can't just defend. Doesn't matter how many defenders or DM's we have. Couple attacking changes and we looked like a proper team. Attack is best way to defend and it suits these players. I hope Cocu sees it as well.

This could be our becoming in my opinion:

Bogle and Lowe will be our main attacking outlets and Lawrence will start to get space as defenders will actually have something else to think about.

-------- Keogh---- Bielik---- Clarke--------

Bogle---Holmes/Dowell--Huddlestone---Lowe

----------------Lawrence------------------

----------Martin---------Marriott----------

I still think Dowell has a lot to show. Waghorn/Martin/Mariott rotated based on form and opposition.

1 hour ago, eezzeetiger said:

Thankfully you don't have to play stoke and Huddersfield again for a bit

It comes to something when a forest fan talks more sense than the Derby lot. Hard run of games they say.3 points from the two teams mentioned all season?.

Archived