Leeds United (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With Bogle out that’s probably the best we can do. Not ideal having Lowe out of position against a leeds side that shredded him twice last year on his correct side, but not much we can do. Don’t really like having two defensive mids but today I think it’s probably needed. Only real question for me is upfront, I’m not convinced that Waghorns working not being up front, I’d either play him there or put Paterson in.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

With Bogle out that’s probably the best we can do. Not ideal having Lowe out of position against a leeds side that shredded him twice last year on his correct side, but not much we can do. Don’t really like having two defensive mids but today I think it’s probably needed. Only real question for me is upfront, I’m not convinced that Waghorns working not being up front, I’d either play him there or put Paterson in.

I think Waghorn has been one of our best performers playing as a RW and atleast he tracks back and is strong unlike all our other wingers bar Bennett who doesn't have the quality. Marriott has to play as well , so I think our line up today is the best we could have gone for maybe Knight for Huddlestone  for more pace and energy but it would be a risky game to play him.

3 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Is the game on 5live/talksport??? I’m currently in a car to Oban (not driving!) and can’t see it advertised on anything?

Fear that the Rugby and the Tottenham game are going to ruin this for me

If we get any thing from this game it would be an achievement to be fair Im looking at our next 6 games which on paper are all winable.

Looking at the bench today just shows were we are in quality of players,martin may get another 15mins if were behind in the game but thats about it

I think this line up is probably the best we can muster for this game. 

The only thing I’d do differently is have Shinnie in for Hudds to give us more mobility and bite to match theirs.....however Cocu really doesn’t seem to like Shinnie, so we’ve got Dowell instead ?

3 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

The only thing I’d do differently is have Shinnie in for Hudds to give us more mobility and bite to match theirs.....however Cocu really doesn’t seem to like Shinnie, so we’ve got Dowell instead ?

Its a tough one on Shinnie. You are right Cocu doesn't seem to have a place for him even when we have a depleted squad. 

I have no idea if hes any good or not so cant form an opinion. 

I do feel for the lad though.

5 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

How does Shinnie provide bite? Whenever I've watched him, he just seems like a less skillful version of Bryson. He runs around a lot, rarely puts a challenge in, I feel like Shinnie's reputation is being raised by the fact people haven't watched him enough. 

12 minutes ago, Andicis said:

How does Shinnie provide bite? Whenever I've watched him, he just seems like a less skillful version of Bryson. He runs around a lot, rarely puts a challenge in, I feel like Shinnie's reputation is being raised by the fact people haven't watched him enough. 

Not sure I agree with your assessment of him. 

Whilst he's not had many opportunities and he has only done o.k I've seen enough for him to be challenging Dowell for a place on the bench. 

Just now, Ramarena said:

Not sure I agree with your assessment of him. 

Whilst he's not had many opportunities and he has only done o.k I've seen enough for him to be challenging Dowell for a place on the bench. 

When has he done OK? He was absolutely abysmal at Forest. This bite everyone cites about Shinnie is something I don't see at all, he just feels like a downgraded Bradley Johnson.

They beat us at home, they beat us away,
But when it most mattered, we blew them away.

We laughed at their scarves, we laughed at their tears,
The best night for Rams fans, for years and years.

We know it won't last, it's all in the past... still laughing our heads off!

20 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

TalkSPORT 2 I think?

It is?

Cheers mate! Looks like DAB station lists are limited up here so may not get it anyway, trying to retune the DAB Radio which I’m not sure you can do in the car radio, so I’m not sure it’s going to work unfortunately.

Twitter and on here will have to be my perspective for now then try and watch the full 90 on rams tv

Archived