Leeds United (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

It doesn't get mentioned a lot, but Leeds' recent home form hasn't actually been as good as you would have thought it would have been.
From most to least recent:
L - Leeds 0 - 1 Swansea
D - Leeds 2 - 2 Stoke (lost on penalties)
W - Leeds 1 - 0 Brentford
D - Leeds 1 - 1 Forest
L - Leeds 2 - 4 Derby
D - Leeds 1 - 1 Villa
L - Leeds 1 - 2 Wigan

Could just be a temporary spell of misfortune, but could maybe be a change in mentality when playing at home.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JfR said:

Could just be a temporary spell of misfortune, but could maybe be a change in mentality when playing at home.

Leeds Utd's league position counts for something. Bielsa has them playing well despite loosing one or two key players. We really need to turn up for this match. If our players get on the pitch with the mindset they had at Brentford, the result will be similar or even worse. 

First away match for about 5 years. First away match for my two lads. First away match for my cousin from Halifax, Nova Scotia.

I live in Leeds so its not a new trip though, seen 3 or 4 Derby games at Elland Rd. The one that sticks in the memory is the 1-0 win with a Giles Barnes goal. I missed both last season which I regret, especially as the missus is a L**ds fan. I don't need any sympathy, it's hard enough without that.

I digress. Their fans tell me they are struggling at home, and we look better away. Lawrence missing might be a red herring if this was going to be his typical performance 4 out of 5, 1 out of 5 being his world beater.

They are worried about Marriott, and I think he will need to take his chances if we are to get a result.

COYR.

1 hour ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Free hit really.

I would expect us to lose but hopefully not a tonking.

Hopefully a hard fought 2-1 with plenty of effort and a bit of attacking belief.

Same team as Cardiff,I have no idea who to play instead of Lawrence...Knight for legs in midfield,I genuinely don’t know.

Not the game for Knight IMO. Fast strong midfielders like Phillips and Klich, Sibley would be better suited but wont play. Stick Shinnie in.

Just don't think we have the players to play the diamond but it caused them problems in the play off game....its not until you try to pick a team that you realise we are really short of quality in certain areas 

Hamer

Bogle         Keogh                 Clarke         Malone

Bielik                 

Josezfoon                Holmes               Shinnie

Marriott                Waghorn

1 hour ago, Saity said:

Just don't think we have the players to play the diamond but it caused them problems in the play off game....its not until you try to pick a team that you realise we are really short of quality in certain areas 

Hamer

Bogle         Keogh                 Clarke         Malone

Bielik                 

Josezfoon                Holmes               Shinnie

Marriott                Waghorn

Bogle not fit is he?

On 17/09/2019 at 21:03, JfR said:

It doesn't get mentioned a lot, but Leeds' recent home form hasn't actually been as good as you would have thought it would have been.
From most to least recent:
L - Leeds 0 - 1 Swansea
D - Leeds 2 - 2 Stoke (lost on penalties)
W - Leeds 1 - 0 Brentford
D - Leeds 1 - 1 Forest
L - Leeds 2 - 4 Derby
D - Leeds 1 - 1 Villa
L - Leeds 1 - 2 Wigan

Could be what happened to us under McClaren. Teams coming to PP. Sitting deep and us finding them hard to break down.

I think we are in a pretty good position to do just that with two holding midfielders right now.

Play the patient game in this one and see if we can hit them on the break with some pace.

On 17/09/2019 at 22:17, PhilGeeWasMyIdol said:

First away match for about 5 years. First away match for my two lads. First away match for my cousin from Halifax, Nova Scotia.

I live in Leeds so its not a new trip though, seen 3 or 4 Derby games at Elland Rd. The one that sticks in the memory is the 1-0 win with a Giles Barnes goal. I missed both last season which I regret, especially as the missus is a L**ds fan. I don't need any sympathy, it's hard enough without that.

I digress. Their fans tell me they are struggling at home, and we look better away. Lawrence missing might be a red herring if this was going to be his typical performance 4 out of 5, 1 out of 5 being his world beater.

They are worried about Marriott, and I think he will need to take his chances if we are to get a result.

COYR.

Ah Halifax, Nova Scotia. Been there several times, what a place.

Always remember arriving but can't remember anything much after that. Some great bars. The Split Crow for starters then down to the Lower Decks. Then onto ........ Blank

23 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Not played in the U23s yet though has he?  Can you really see him being thrown straight in? I can't.

More likely on the bench and 30min cameo if we're lucky.

Do all players need easing back in via the under 23's? He's just been out for a month or so with a poorly ankle, he's not exactly shattered his femur like George Thorne keeps doing - if he's all better he might be ready to start.

Archived