Leeds United (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/09/2019 at 14:13, Saity said:

Just don't think we have the players to play the diamond but it caused them problems in the play off game....its not until you try to pick a team that you realise we are really short of quality in certain areas 

Hamer

Bogle         Keogh                 Clarke         Malone

Bielik                 

Josezfoon                Holmes               Shinnie

Marriott                Waghorn

If there is any game this season where you want to go 4-2-3-1, it's this one.

I do think we need both Bielik and Huddlestone sitting in front of the defenders.

Sit deep. Invite the pressure. Hit them on the counter with pace. 

I think something like

Keogh

Bogle.  Keogh.   Keogh.    Keogh.

Bielik

Keogh.        Keogh.        Keogh.

Marriott

Is 7 enough keoghs? Might have to drop Bielik to shore up with an extra Keogh. And perhaps a Keogh if Bogle isn't fully fit.

6 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

If there is any game this season where you want to go 4-2-3-1, it's this one.

I do think we need both Bielik and Huddlestone sitting in front of the defenders.

Sit deep. Invite the pressure. Hit them on the counter with pace. 

My formation came out a bit amiss lol I’d go 442 diamond as I think this could cause Leeds problems ..when Rooney arrives if we add 2 good wide players it looks a lot better Rooney at top of diamond as I’d like to see two up top in some games...let’s be honest we got a bit lucky against Leeds in the fact that we changed it to two up front because of injury and the fact we were 2-0 down in the tie but it caused them problems ...not sure we have the personel in midfield to pick any formation that looks totally comfortable at the moment ...Dowell has been a major disappointment and shame Evans is injured as he looked good early season ...Shinnie might not be a fantastically gifted player but he apparently works hard so he’d play left mid for me as he’s also a LB and would protect Malone if he got forward 

8 hours ago, Saity said:

My formation came out a bit amiss lol I’d go 442 diamond as I think this could cause Leeds problems ..when Rooney arrives if we add 2 good wide players it looks a lot better Rooney at top of diamond as I’d like to see two up top in some games...let’s be honest we got a bit lucky against Leeds in the fact that we changed it to two up front because of injury and the fact we were 2-0 down in the tie but it caused them problems ...not sure we have the personel in midfield to pick any formation that looks totally comfortable at the moment ...Dowell has been a major disappointment and shame Evans is injured as he looked good early season ...Shinnie might not be a fantastically gifted player but he apparently works hard so he’d play left mid for me as he’s also a LB and would protect Malone if he got forward 

Some points i agree with but if your going to play a LM it should be on there attacking qualities not defensive cover. Defenders defend, attackers attack. We look short on goals atm so id go with a more attacking player.

3 hours ago, SFox1993 said:

Just in case anyone needs a confidence boost. Goosebumps every time!

That was one of the best football nights ever. Them thinking they were at Wembley when they went 2-0 up on aggregate. Keogh steaming through midfield. Some sublime finishes. The tears of the clowns. Take your scarves and f off home. The binoculars celebrations. The bounce to end all bounces with me desperately hanging on to my glasses. The abandoned freebie Leeds scarves on the way back to the car park. Unforgettable.

Whatever happens tomorrow, they can't take those memories away.

5 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Some points i agree with but if your going to play a LM it should be on there attacking qualities not defensive cover. Defenders defend, attackers attack. We look short on goals atm so id go with a more attacking player.

I disagree for this game I’d like Malone to be getting forward so Shinnie can cover as I think Malone is a threat going forward ...the other side would worry me more if Bogle is fit great but I don’t see anyone other than Holmes being disciplined enough to cover if he gets forward ...just my opinion of course 

On 19/09/2019 at 12:04, sawley_ram said:

I’m on holiday in Greece on an island called Naxos. Girlfriend doesn’t know but I’m subtly trying to find bars advertising Sky Sports Football! Not much luck at the moment. 

Let me know if you find anywhere worth a look. We're going outnext Wednesday for a week.....?

Archived