Leeds United (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

Leeds just running off us. Every player. 

Keogh and Clarke are scared witless of the Leeds forwards and midfielders pace that they are backing off giving Leeds space to pick up the ball and turn. 

Bielik and Huddlestone cant play together. They maybe technically good but they are not mobile enough for the championship. Shinnies your man for snapping at heals and pressing. 

Roos confidence is shot, as his decision making is terrible. 

Considering the back 4 have played together quite a bit this season they are getting caught time and again on offside decisions. 

Apart from that, everythings going ok......and theres still a sneak of a result if Leeds get edgy. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This gulf in quality is fair enough but that's not the issue.

The problem is out absolute lack of improvement since day one of the season.Cocu is banging square pegs into round holes and even those square pegs seems to be playing as if it's the first day they have met the other players.

His tactics look even worse than they are for playing the wrong players on the wrong positions.

As someone has already said,this bears all the hallmarks of Pearson's disasterous and brief tenure with us.

That season was miraculously turned around by a change in manager to someone who was able to utilise the players to their best ability.

Go 4-4-2

Martin on to hold the ball up and give the defenders "an out ball" instead of playing it to one another in suicidal fashion.

Marriott running past him.

Duane and Waggy working up and down the wings.

JoFlo off, sorry potential is there but not working back enough.

Tactics. Simples. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

The football was pretty good sometimes. Not even most of the time. 

At memorable times, sure. 

Don't get me wrong I loved having Lampard and Morris, with Mount Wilson and Tomori and the feel good factor. It was an enjoyable season to follow, but a very big chunk of the games were not enjoyable 90 minutes to watch.

But when is Championship football enjoyable for 90 minutes, other than perhaps under McClaren? 

2nd half please.

Roos

Keogh     Clarke    Malone

Holmes         Huddlestone        Lowe

Bielek 

Marriott             Waghorn 

Martin 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

But when is Championship football enjoyable for 90 minutes, other than perhaps under McClaren? 

Ok let me rephrase; a very big chunk of the games were dreadful Derby performances.

Anyway back to this one...

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

HT 1-0. Let's hope it's the archetypal game of two halves. 

Knight and Dowell should come on for Huddlestone and Zoon. Need more bodies in the middle of the park. 

Play a 4-1-3-2.

DowellI tho would be too lightweight but wrong game for hudds. For all the Laurence haters last week, would you not have him on now?

Just now, SaintRam said:

Ok let me rephrase; a very big chunk of the games were dreadful Derby performances.

But that's just the nature of the league we play in. But I can forgive it, if we actually have the upsides. So far, I'm seeing all the downsides without any of the upsides under Cocu.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Go 4-4-2

Martin on to hold the ball up and give the defenders "an out ball" instead of playing it to one another in suicidal fashion.

Marriott running past him.

Duane and Waggy working up and down the wings.

JoFlo off, sorry potential is there but not working back enough.

Tactics. Simples. 

Should have done this at half time....he's just not learning

Just now, GrimsbyRam said:

and as some would say we have signed 3 again this year (from Arsenal, Brighton and Everton)

Neither Clarke or Dowell are premier league quality.

A loan from a PL team does not equal a PL quality player.

Wilson, Tomori and Mount should have all be playing in the prem last season. That's the difference. 

Dowell and Clarke are where they should be. 

7 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

U kidding me ??

trying pass, pass, pass , pass and pass somemore 

no tempo,standing off the opposition 

no channel balls, nothing over the top it’s  all too easy 

if we had someone who could unlock the door of a back line then fair enough but we haven’t and we can’t be oh so predictable with the ball we have to turn them 

it couldn’t be more an attempt at a continental style 

we’re just not executing it in the slightest 

What’s our style more akin too right now ?

aint rowettball is it ? Isn’t a combo is it 

We’re trying to play football at every single opportunity which is to be applauded but there’s a marked difference when u do it with classy players or the average ones we have 

Well it is not possession based football as we haven't had the ball! 30% possession = rowetball.  Least Rowett had the foresight to play grafters though for that 'style'

My mate has taken his missus to a romance fiction convention in London where a load of unknown writers are signing books. He's queued for two and a half hours so far so she can say two words to a few writers. He's having a better time than I am right now.

Archived