Leeds United (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we’re going to be on the end of an absolute tonking.

Leeds High press will expose our seemingly inept inability to play the ball out from the back, I would put good money that at least one of their goals will come from a mistake at the back. 

Cardiff are complete cloggers and tore through our back line at will on occasion, Leeds will force our back line into all sorts of chaos. 

4-0 to Leeds, more head scratching from Derby 

20 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I reckon 3-0 Leeds, our midfield is going to get mugged and without our loans from last year we are a lower midtable side, and  Leeds will be out for revenge  a 1-0 loss would be a bonus.

Leeds beat us three times with our loans so, doesn't really mean anything does it? 

We haven’t got good enough players to go toe to toe with them,  a Gary Rowett style away performance may get us a point. If we go to play, we will get played off the park, I don’t think Cocu will  go to defend though. I expect them to be really up for it and a thrashing.

If there was any place to get our season up and running, I'd pick Elland Road in a heartbeat. The start to the season hasn't been great, but I hope the players can step up for this one and we can smash those bar stewards just like we did in the playoffs. The performance vs Cardiff was much improved, and there are positives to take into this one, Bielik in midfield is a big help, as well as Duane Holmes. 

I hope we don't try to be too negative against Leeds. The teams I see that have success against Leeds are the ones that take the game to them and get in their face, like us last time we went there. Losing wouldn't be the end of the world, but it's about performance. 

The easy and lazy thing to say is "we'll get battered." Where's all this belief and Derby pride gone? Nobody gave us a chance in the play offs, look what happened there. 

I just think that it's taking time for things to click, but when they do.... We'll know about it. Already seen improvement against Cardiff. This weekend could be the time to get our season up and running, it could the game where things come together. And what a place to do it... 

COYR ?

29 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

The easy and lazy thing to say is "we'll get battered." Where's all this belief and Derby pride gone? Nobody gave us a chance in the play offs, look what happened there. 

I just think that it's taking time for things to click, but when they do.... We'll know about it. Already seen improvement against Cardiff. This weekend could be the time to get our season up and running, it could the game where things come together. And what a place to do it... 

COYR ?

Wouldn't say its lazy to say we will get battered. 

They are a hard pressing side that dominates the ball and we give the ball away cheaply. We have crumbled under pressure a couple of times already this season and Leeds will pressure us more than any so far.

They have Dallas and Hernandez where we have Malone and Lawrence. 

I don't know why anybody would have given us no chance in the play offs last season. It's the play offs and it's rarely straight forward for the team who finishes 3rd. 

But we look weaker than the team that finished last season and they look the same. 

It's not beyond imagination that we will win but the safe money goes on Leeds ripping through the middle and our left flank. 

Being brutally honest I didn't think we improved much vs Cardiff. Brentford was a new low. All the other games have been a similar standard. The best performance imo was against Swansea. 

I have no problem with the idea that we could go on to have a great season. But the performances so far have not indicated that there's anything to 'click' imo. Just a lot of repeated failures. Same players in the same areas doing the same stupid stuff that never looked like a good idea

We look like a team that needs new ideas and I hope Cocu can produce an entirely different performance to the kind of football we have played for most match time this season. 

Archived