Best Guitarist Ever

froggg

On 24/08/2019 at 20:44, TimRam said:

Lots of good ones all very different. Hendrix, Angus Young,  Tony Iommi, Ritche Blackmore, Edward Van Halen, Michael Schenker, Randy Rhoads are just a few I listen to. As a footnote, Angus Young, despite playing an "unfashionable" genre of music, played on one of the biggest selling albums of all time...Back in Black. If I had to pick one, Angus Young. Performance, energy, excitement, style? Without a doubt.

Good list,I forgot Schenker and Randy Rhoads...I hang my head in shame.

I thought I’d add a pic from the last time I saw him in 2017.

LeZD7Zb.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I'm in need of a new Boss DS-1 pedal. Is it still a classic and good as it used to be? I had one about 15 years ago but lost it.

Some hate them and the real gear snobs tell us that they don't sound the same as they used to but I can't tell the difference, especially when used with other stuff. I love mine. Easily modded and sounds great.

Beware of the brand new ones, however. I believe the components are of the sort you can't remove from the board, so modding is impossible.

5 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Some hate them and the real gear snobs tell us that they don't sound the same as they used to but I can't tell the difference, especially when used with other stuff. I love mine. Easily modded and sounds great.

Beware of the brand new ones, however. I believe the components are of the sort you can't remove from the board, so modding is impossible.

Cheers Andy, loved mine too. Didn't know that about the newer ones though, might delve into eBay/Reverb and pick one up.

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

Cheers Andy, loved mine too. Didn't know that about the newer ones though, might delve into eBay/Reverb and pick one up.

There are always loads on ebay. You can pick one up for £20-£30. Or fork out £80 or so for the kudos of an 80s made in Japan unit. For me, it's cheapo every time. 

I’m a big Maiden fan and absolutely love Adrian Smith. His solos are so well crafted, not just wild fret wnking - his Stranger in a Strange Land solo still knocks my socks off.  His writing is brilliant as well, Maiden went completely down the toilet when he left.  I’m not all that keen on their newer stuff but it picked right up when H rejoined.  His solo on Tears of a Clown is acebags.

18 hours ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Which one? Aren’t there two?

Andy Sneap has been doing the Firepower tour as Tipton is ill.

Very respected metal producer who I’ve seen in Hell(the band not actual Hell),saw him in Sabbatt as well I believe a long time ago?

Just saw KK play a Priest set with,Les Binks,Ripper and Dave Ellefson in Wolverhampton.

20 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Andy Sneap has been doing the Firepower tour as Tipton is ill.

Very respected metal producer who I’ve seen in Hell(the band not actual Hell),saw him in Sabbatt as well I believe a long time ago?

Just saw KK play a Priest set with,Les Binks,Ripper and Dave Ellefson in Wolverhampton.

Cheers for the info. Great band in their time. I just haven’t kept up with which bands, if any, have replaced these old favourites. I still think the seventies and early eighties were the golden years of good old heavy rock (metal) music. Am I getting old!!

Archived