Best Guitarist Ever

froggg

On 23 Dec 2019 at 18:17, MuespachRam said:

Andy is my cousin, really down to earth guy who cant believe his luck that he is playing in Judas Priest.! Went to see them in Dallas last year and ended up hanging out with Saxon on the tour bus....one of the most surreal moments in my life.

Andy from Derbys mate? Sure I read that about him somewhere. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/12/2019 at 18:17, MuespachRam said:

Andy is my cousin, really down to earth guy who cant believe his luck that he is playing in Judas Priest.! Went to see them in Dallas last year and ended up hanging out with Saxon on the tour bus....one of the most surreal moments in my life.

I saw them in Derby in 1976 in the Mecca Ballroom on Babington Lane, which is now a stuff yourself as much as you can Chinese restaurant.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Saw them at Donington last year .  I hope they've taken the stuff from Chinese Democracy out as Axl's voice can't handle those notes anymore.  The rest was great though. Expect some decent covers as well.

Not expecting great things from Axl, Slash on the other hand is still top class

I saw Hendrix at Spalding a few days before he torched Sergeant Pepper and played Monterey. He was angry and high so not at his best..

Clapton and Cream played just before him and were miles better.

I've heard Bert Weedon and Hank Marvin live...two of the greats.

Also the (original) Who. Townshend was entertaining but not the genius that was John Entwistle on bass.

Would like to see Mark Knopfler live as I think he is among the most versatile guitarists.

Chuck Berry, José Feliciano......enough name dropping for now perhaps.

Archived