v Scunthorpe (A) Carabao Cup - Match Thread

Rample

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

I disagree, he gives a lot of energy pushing forward and has looked one of our better players. Very similar to Bogle and would of course be much better on the left.

Has the beating of his man comfortably too.

All the academy lads are looking good.

He only has a left foot.

Which means naturally he wants to move inside to beat his man, which then means we lose our width. He also has no ability to cross the ball around the box on his right foot, which again means he has to cut inside, where sometimes you don't have the time to do so. 

I don't dislike the guy at all, but playing a player with no right foot at RB has so many disadvantages. All he's bought so far is tenacity. 

3 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

I get that Bird can play deeper, just thought that we could play Sibley and Knight further forward with Shinnie dropping back if Sibley was better regarded. Obviously the massive caveat is that I don't see them training everyday. 

Max Bird is a Harry Winks type, not much of an attacker or a defender but keeps things ticking along and allowing others to have the confidence to push forwards. Throughout the half we've had the two centre backs come in front of the attackers intercepting the ball and starting attacks because Bird is covering for them. 

Lowe playing well but it’s obvious he’s left footed. For instance, the pull back to Marriott should be on the deck, not one foot off the ground.

Bielik has settled down after his booking, long passing good.

Not impressed with the rest - not taking control of the game. Bird/Bennett completely ineffective.

Davies looking old and uncomfortable on the ball.

Lowe and Shinnie have been our primary attacking engineers; the former mainly thanks to cross-field passes from Bielik.

Bielik and Buchanan strong in defense. Davies steady. Hamer looks very competent with his feet. 

Everyone else has had good moments and rusty moments; except for Bennett who's been invisible, other than his failed pass in a goal-scoring situation. 

Just now, rammieib said:

Lowe playing well but it’s obvious he’s left footed. For instance, the pull back to Marriott should be on the deck, not one foot off the ground.

Bielik has settled down after his booking, long passing good.

Not impressed with the rest - not taking control of the game. Bird/Bennett completely ineffective.

Davies looking old and uncomfortable on the ball.

It was Knight with the pass, not Lowe. But yeah, he gets to the good positions just to be ruined being completely left-footed.

Just now, Nick_Ram said:

He only has a left foot.

Which means naturally he wants to move inside to beat his man, which then means we lose our width. He also has no ability to cross the ball around the box on his right foot, which again means he has to cut inside, where sometimes you don't have the time to do so. 

I don't dislike the guy at all, but playing a player with no right foot at RB has so many disadvantages. All he's bought so far is tenacity. 

He's stretched play with his movement and drive to the byline. I agree we're playing far too narrow on the whole; they're hard to play through as they have 9 players behind the ball. But it's clear our best chances have come from Max Lowe being deep and wide.

Yes he is sometimes running on the inside channel, but its because the wingers are the ones on the outside whipping it in on their stronger foot. He's playing to his strengths in a difficult position but he's still got the Scunthorpe left back in trouble, who's constantly falling over with minimal contact so he can have a bit of a breather.

Just now, EnigmaRam said:

I would say that radio Derby are ahead on the positivity so you guys really need to step it up, this isn’t a normal phenomenon!

We haven't played poorly. We've played well in phases. It's just been very inconsistent. We haven't made them look like a team who have conceded 6 goals in League Two. 

7 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

He only has a left foot.

I would add his passing is also very good. Yes he has a limited right foot, but he is out of position. With no Bogle, Wisdom or Holmes I would say he is our best option left.

I would prefer him on the left in place of Malone, him and Bogle down the flanks with Keigh and Clarke CB with Bielik holding would be so strong in the champ.

2 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

It was Knight with the pass, not Lowe. But yeah, he gets to the good positions just to be ruined being completely left-footed.

I disagree with folks saying he only has a left foot. 

Lowe's right foot is alright, his passing game is great and its the foot he tends to score with. But his crosses are definitely less consistent with his right. If he gets chance to cut back onto his left to cross, which he did once, you can see marked difference.

He's much stronger with his right foot than most of our players are with their weak feet.

5 minutes ago, Nick_Ram said:

He only has a left foot.

So the winger needs to be the one to create the width and stay wide? Bennett should be good at that.

Archived