We’re Gonna Win the League

DarkFruitsRam7

2 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I don't agree.

If you start off making 6th your target, it's tantamount to accepting mediocrity.

Especially with our recruitment in this window.

I liked Tomori a lot, he got better and better as the season progressed. He was rapid, which got him and us out of trouble at times. But there is no getting a way from the fact he was awful for his size in the air. We conceded far too many goals because of a lack of ability in the air.

Clarke was awesome yesterday and allied to Bielik coming into our team, not only helping aerially but also mobility wise (I am assuming he will replace Thud) then fingers crossed then Cocu has definitely strengthened a weakness.

Both our full backs were caught out of position last night numerous times, but that seems to be the way of modern football, but we managed to cover these dangers and again Bielik will give added cover.

I really hope Marriott gets fit for play soon, and hopefully he gets to play alongside Waghorn, but I'm happy to let Coco sort that out.

He seems to have motivated Tom judging from last nights performance, not only offensively, but also in working hard for the team out of possession.

Just my penny's worth

My target =/= the clubs target.

There are varying degrees of success. For a lot of people, not getting promoted is simply a failure, and there's no success attributed to it at all. 

Rather than my expectation being a multiple paragraph document; I prefer to just say that I see our target as 6th. As that is, imo, our lowest degree of success. If we were to fail to get into 6th, I would see the season as a failure.

That is improved from my previous target of 10th.

Everything above 6th is then further degrees of success. 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

I liked Tomori a lot, he got better and better as the season progressed. He was rapid, which got him and us out of trouble at times. But there is no getting a way from the fact he was awful for his size in the air. We conceded far too many goals because of a lack of ability in the air.

This. IMO Clarke is a massive upgrade because he can head the ducker. Tomori was exciting but, defensively, was a downgrade on Davies for me (different systems, I know).

Love it @DarkFruitsRam7, absolutely love it.

I thought it, and voted the same in the poll weeks ago, that was before we signed the Polish Kante and Wayne fookin Rooney.

I've also all but guaranteed it, by not placing my usual bet on it happening!

This is the time to get your tallywacker out on the table, say what you see, and what you see is Keogh dancing around PP with that trophy last game of the season.

Frank who?

Gotta be aiming for a half season target realistically. If we're top six (the dream being 3rd pushing 2nd perhaps) bringing Rooney into the squad plus some January investment we could really push on. 

Can't expect massive amounts right now, new manager, rebuilt the midfield and alot of change of personnel, but the quality is there and last nights showing suggests the team has already gone someway to playing Cocu's style. 

Can we put all our jinxes, 'let's laugh at arrogant Derby', 'come back and bite us on the arse-isms' ...all in one place?

Any other very previous statements people want to make?

I will start you off....by saying I am booking my holiday for next year on play off final day as I know we will be promoted and  the players will be sat on the beach themselves by then.

21 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Can we put all our jinxes, 'let's laugh at arrogant Derby', 'come back and bite us on the arse-isms' ...all in one place?

Any other very previous statements people want to make?

I will start you off....by saying I am booking my holiday for next year on play off final day as I know we will be promoted and  the players will be sat on the beach themselves by then.

Don’t do it mate.

Unless you go to Cornwall, then I can put you in touch with a very nice chap who will give you a lift to Wembley.... @BodminRam

6 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

There. I said it. My belief in this team has skyrocketed in the last week thanks to the new additions and the rumoured signings.

Bookmark it.

Stupid boy - there now I’ve said it

( meanwhile I stuck my annual bet on us to win the league before we signed anyone last week - just saying) 

• 1 month later...

All I'll say is, Leicester winning the Premier League was spurred on by some young lads in the squad getting off with some Thai prostitutes, so there's every chance that this sets us on our way to, ah, who am I kidding, League One here we come

19 minutes ago, JfR said:

All I'll say is, Leicester winning the Premier League was spurred on by some young lads in the squad getting off with some Thai prostitutes, so there's every chance that this sets us on our way to, ah, who am I kidding, League One here we come

I heard next week's team outing is to the local massage parlour

Archived