Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Ridiculous.

Indeed.  Do all clubs with a number in their sponsorship (including the 50 or so sponsored by 32Red) have to retire the relevant shirt numbers.  

Me thinks this will just be a bit of PR to stop irate Leeds fans from bombarding them with whinging tweets.

Advertising standards sources confirmed the decision to give Rooney the 32 shirt in association with the Red32 logo beneath it could be interpreted by the FA as a potential breach in the rules.

That reads like the Huddersfield fiasco, they're looking into what was clearly a promotional shirt. Not like they've already seen our kit in a league game ffs. That and they got the sponsor wrong - its 32Red, not Red32

Also, props to them for coming down on us for 32, when Fulham have a player with 47 because AK47 ? If we made Wayne change his last name to Red, then we might have a problem

13 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Ridiculous.

Preston North End have a player called Adam O'Reilly, whos kit number is.... 32.... and the sponsor is..... 32red. Makes it worse the kids only 18

So in theory, PNE are advertising gambling as soon as you are legal to do so..

Ridiculous.

FArt off FA.

Utterly ridiculous thing to investigate. It’s just a shirt number ffs, they can’t prove it’s anything to do with the deal with 32red, even if it appears obviously to be so. To someone looking at the shirt it doesn’t look remotely like advertising, it just looks like what it is, a shirt with a shirt number! It’s not like we’re gonna be wearing the promotional shirts used in the presser. It’s clear the deal was done in conjunction with 32red, but we had all their advertising in the promo for him, they can’t prove anything on the shirt number. Can’t see where this investigation could possibly lead, all we’ve done is given a new signing a shirt number as far as they can prove. We’ll find out in January when it concludes I guess, let’s just hope the FA don’t do something stupid to spite us.

'Aware and monitoring'

Whoever has got that job has got the kind of job that I'd like - got a feeling that there won't be a lot of 'monitoring' to do. 32 has been announced as the squad number, nothing to see for the next 5 months, and then will know the answer for sure within about 0.5 seconds.

2 minutes ago, Donny Ram said:

I wonder how many of the other clubs sponsored by 32 red have a number 32 shirt.

Very few, actually. 

Just Rangers when I checked before. In fact, a number of clubs removed players from 32 when 32Red joined up.

It appears to definitely be something they always have a mind to do, in case someone high profile joins the club.

But thats not the point, and I agree no investigation should reasonably come to any conclusions that have negative effects for us.

Archived