Wayne Rooney - Signed on a 18 month deal

LB_DCFC

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Topram said:

All toss anyway but pretty sure he can’t move anyway? Can’t move twice in a window surely 

I think you can, it's just really uncommon. The only example I can immediately think of is when Dietmar Hamann moved to Bolton and then to Man City a day later back in 2006.

Like you say though, all a load of nonsense anyway.

52 minutes ago, JfR said:

I think you can, it's just really uncommon. The only example I can immediately think of is when Dietmar Hamann moved to Bolton and then to Man City a day later back in 2006.

Like you say though, all a load of nonsense anyway.

You can move twice in a window, but you can't play for more than 2 clubs in a European season.

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

The DET must be struggling for things to write if they are resorting to generating ill informed misguided twaddle.

Journalistic quality isn't even close to the top of their list of priorities. Selling ad space on their website (a website in which 75% of the page is given to ad space) is the main driver, as it seems to be for most local newspapers in this day and age. All you need for that is a catchy headline to drive clicks so any topic in to which they can wedge the words "Wayne Rooney" and "Manchester United" will do well. It doesn't matter if the content is total nonsense as long as people click it. It's why so many articles mention Leeds because it gets clicked on.

The funny thing is the stats on banner ads and display ads are usually terrible. Companies will pitch advertising space to businesses with the whole "this many people click on our articles, isn't that great?!" line, but half of those people are using an adblocker and out of the ones that aren't maybe 0.5% will actually click on an ad.

I have no idea how they shift the space. The websites are horrific and the stats on the ads are shocking.

Archived