LIVE Football 19/20

Ambitious

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/08/2019 at 18:35, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Only abysmal finishing prevented Leicester from getting all three points. They should have won easily in the end.

Chelsea defensively were all over the place. Really weak and preventing crosses and passes in and around the box. 

Something very familiar about the whole performance.

Chelsea just aren't good defensively due to personal same with us we were ducking clueless defensively against Bristol city with Cocu as manager, can't blame Lampard for deficiencies of players, not saying he is a great manager as I didn't think he was anything special for us but defensively our problems were our defenders and lack of protection rather than his fault. 

5 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

Two of the pundits in the studio (Lescott and Souness) thought it wasn't a penalty too! Should have gone to Specsavers?

Bloody hell. The defender took Kane's legs away. So basically (if we didn't already know) VAR solves very little. But does take lots of joy out of the game!

26 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Bloody hell. The defender took Kane's legs away. So basically (if we didn't already know) VAR solves very little. But does take lots of joy out of the game!

Exactly. The enjoyment of the crowd is what makes it a compelling spectacle - not persisting on stopping all the time to decide if a decision was good or not. But to cap that off with still leaving some things but not others. I dislike VAR.

I was critical of Sky showing Lincoln City vs. Everton over our game with Forest, but Pickford running the length of the pitch to get involved in a scuffle in the opposition goalmouth and Richarlison celebrating his goal against a League One side by shushing the crowd and then taking his shirt off and showing it to the crowd are two sights I'm glad I was able to see.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived