Pre Season Friendly v Burton Albion (A)

EnigmaRam
Message added by Day

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I get ready to attend my first game of the new season. I'm starting to experience what I always get at the onset of a new campaign, a mixture of excitement, trepidation and expectation. I normally don't have these feelings until the first league game, god knows what I'll be like when that game actually takes place.

16 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

As I get ready to attend my first game of the new season. I'm starting to experience what I always get at the onset of a new campaign, a mixture of excitement, trepidation and expectation. I normally don't have these feelings until the first league game, god knows what I'll be like when that game actually takes place.

Heading to the pub in 15 minutes and I'm the same. I ducking love Derby County.

In light of the injury news, think I’d line up like this:

Roos

Bogle Keogh Davies Malone

Huddlestone

Shinnie Sibley

Josefzoon Marriott Lawrence 

Marriott deserves a chance in the starting team for me over Waghorn who’s not been great. Sibley missed out in the US and should be given a chance with his potential and our lack of midfielders.

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Roos

Huddlestone

Shinnie Sibley

Marriott deserves a chance in the starting team for me over Waghorn who’s not been great. Sibley missed out in the US and should be given a chance with his potential and our lack of midfielders.

Think Dowell should start, and why not play both Marriott and Martin, and have Waghorn to come on second half in place of Martin, we still have some good options in the squad like Bennett as well to come on and make a impact.

15 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Roos

Huddlestone

Shinnie Sibley

I personally wouldn’t play Waghorn again until he improves. I mean he had that 45 minutes against Sarasota, and an interrupted first half against Bristol City, and he failed to score. What is the bloke doing turning up to pre-season looking so rusty. Stick him on the bench until he looks great again.

Be very surprised if Sibley gets minutes in front of Dowell, but would be quite happy to see them both play and Huddlestone take a seat on the bench.

On 19/07/2019 at 09:57, jono said:

I’ll be up in darkest Lancashire this weekend but fascinated by this game. So relying on DCFC fans for insightful updates

Nigel will set up to frustrate I’m sure, so it’s going to be interesting. 

I always get the sense that trips to the US and Asia are as much about publicity and getting a feel for fitness rather than actual football. The real preseason starts now. 2 games to get a look at how we are going to shape up. Players, intent, style. 

COYR

Starting XI will get 75 mins today so I think that’ll give an insight into Cocu’s current assessment of what he wants to do; it will not be the final position; I’m hoping to see Martin linking with Marriott or Mansion Bennett. I’d like to see Thorne too and Holmes threading balls through and a proactive attacking style. I fully expect our Nige’ to soak up and beat us 2-0. He will have his team on rocket fuel. Hope Jake B gets a rousing reception from the Derby fans. 

2 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The Beech Hotel usually accommodates away fans, about a 5 minute walk from the ground. Was a great atmosphere before the league game a couple of years back.

Used to be famous for the best pint of Pedi in Burton. 

Roos

bogle   Keogh  evans.  Lowe

.                 Shinnie

.        Knight.    Sibley

Bennett

Marriott.  Martin 

Archived