Pre Season Friendly v Burton Albion (A)

EnigmaRam
Message added by David

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

This will be my first visit to Burtons ground. Any suggestions on whether to drive(ok for parking?) or get the train(seems a bit of a trek)?

Parking isn't too bad normally on match days, the bus stops right outside the ground though, if you get a day ticket you can stop for a beer in some of the lovely villages between Derby and Burton that the bus meanders through.. ?

I hope we lose.

Nothing good has ever come in a season where we didn't lose to lower league opposition during pre-season.

tenor.gif?itemid=9860098

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

just got my tickets for this one,quite a few left according to the website too...

would like to see Marriott up front with martin behind him with lawrence and bennett on the wings......be good to see how lawrence does with service from martin,i think he would love it.

Cocu seemed pleased with his Marriott behind Martin experiment, he'll probably keep it going.

7 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

just got my tickets for this one,quite a few left according to the website too...

would like to see Marriott up front with martin behind him with lawrence and bennett on the wings......be good to see how lawrence does with service from martin,i think he would love it.

Bought mine but need to pick them up at some point

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Surely you have Martin up top as the target, he holds the ball up and waits for the runs of Marriott (and others) going past him.

On 16/07/2019 at 09:50, duncanjwitham said:

Anyone know if we can pay on the gate for this? I've never had problems doing that before, but it looks like we've sold out of our initial allocation of tickets.

I personally wouldn't risk it but, given there are still nearly 700 tickets left, I'd say there is now a good chance of pay on the gate (well, at the ticket office I would guess).

On 16/07/2019 at 15:43, HiltonoRama said:

Parking isn't too bad normally on match days, the bus stops right outside the ground though, if you get a day ticket you can stop for a beer in some of the lovely villages between Derby and Burton that the bus meanders through.. ?

Cask and Pottle in Tutbury is worth a stop

I’ll be up in darkest Lancashire this weekend but fascinated by this game. So relying on DCFC fans for insightful updates

Nigel will set up to frustrate I’m sure, so it’s going to be interesting. 

I always get the sense that trips to the US and Asia are as much about publicity and getting a feel for fitness rather than actual football. The real preseason starts now. 2 games to get a look at how we are going to shape up. Players, intent, style. 

COYR

Archived